All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

No, I’ve been on them.

Is that it Kev? That your comeback?

Is Ger Cafferkey injured or dropped from Mayo squad or a sub?

Initial view was that there was absolutely nothing to be sent off for. I haven’t seen anything else to behonest.

Injured

1 Like

Dropped

:joy::joy::joy:

Presume injured as he wasn’t in the program.

He got a lot of criticism for the two black cards given to Tyrone against Donegal but I thought he was correct on both. Not his fault that the rule is stupid.

I was impressed with Eddie Kinsella in the Mayo Dublin replay last year (I was at the match). I await someone to say I am completely wrong.

David Gough’s performance in the Mayo Tyrone match was one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

Just to go back to the black card - how pathetic was it to see Donal Vaughan being black carded in the last minute on Sunday after dragging some lad down. The thing I have the biggest problem is the fact that a sub comes on. In what other sport in the world does such a ridiculous situation exist?!

He’s injured mate

:rollseyes:

3 Likes

Don’t think a sub came on as Mayo had used all theirs by then. Don’t agree necessarily with the black card but why do you disagree with the ref applying the rules in the dying moments of the game?

Nigger is an outstanding ref

Weird post.

Gough had a very good game in the Mayo Tyrone match.

Donnelly’s black card against Donegal was a joke.

I tend to agree, the black card is useless in that situation as the player will take it.

If the GAA had the balls to say they would trail straight reds for that type of cynical fouling I think it would have eradicated the problem pretty quickly.

Kiely’s black card last weekend paled in comparison as it was a clash of legs as opposed a cynical pulling down of an opponent.

1 Like

I don’t at all. If you were to read the earlier part of the post it is the rule I have the problem with.

:laughing:

“A clash of legs.”

Tangling get me there?

The sin bin is a fairly simple solution and far better than black card and refs probably far more likely to use it. Only when it was trialled Mickey Harte and a few more threw the leg out over the trace and got it buried

1 Like

The way to tackle cynical fouling is to bring in cumulative suspensions with yellow cards. Red cards are far too stringent for a cynical foul. Referees constantly bottle or make a mess of black card decisions.

The only problem with introducing cumulative booking suspensions is that this will suit the likes of Kerry with the imbalanced draw of the Championship where they play less games against inferior opposition to get to the last 8 every year.

It’s about time referees started to clamp down on Mayo’s cynical fouling from the front, Mayo’s tackling is absolutely terrible yet referees do little about it. Their forwards make no attempt to tackle the ball, they just swing lads round the hips and put their arms in over the shoulder when they break out of defence.