All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

And Dublin and Meath and Galway.

Dublin hadn’t reached an All Ireland final for 16 years between 1995 and 2011. Not a top team at that time. Cork and Mayo regularly shat their togs when they played Kerry.

When it came to playing the top teams at that particular time, Gooch Cooper’s track records reads like @GeoffreyBoycott’s briefs. When the pressure is on, Gooch disappears, the opposite can be said of Donaghy, the man for the big moment and the man who takes responsibility when the backs are against the wall.

1 Like

Agreed on Dublin, I just pointed out that they beat them. Never said they were great.

Apply the same logic to the Meath and Galway teams that they played like a good little chap.

Galway haven’t been past the last 4 of the All Ireland since 2001.

Cooper only played them in Championship in 2008 and 2014.

Meath have only won one Provincial title in the last 15 years.

Gooch Cooper has only played them in 2009 as far as I’m aware.

You’re doing a great job of helping me make my case even stronger.

Both teams to score goals and Dublin to win is 2-1 with paddy power.
I’ve put a small bet on that and lumped on Dublin -3

2 Likes

Did you ever hear of Declan o Sullivan or Seamus Moynahan?

1 Like

Moynihan got roasted by a teenager in an All Ireland final.

O’Sullivan was a good player but never had the same impact on the big games that Donaghy did, Donaghy has been the old warhorse that Kerry have relied on to get them out of jams again and again.

Ah the whataboutery starts early today.

Never change Nembo. Never change.

An Ulster man essentially.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if there was a Kerry man alive who would consider Donaghy a more important player to Kerry over the last 15 years than Declan O Sullivan. Including Donaghy himself.

1 Like

Isn’t Kieran Donaghy a Tyrone man?

Donaghy has always been clutch.

He’ll be clutch again today.

Wouldn’t suit into their pure football narrative that their most important player of the past 15 years has been a gangly 6 ft 5 target man forward.

Your love bombing of Donaghy no doubt predicated on the fact that his father is from Tyrone. Colm Cooper has scored 4-33 in All Ireland Football Finals. Along with Mike Sheehy, to the best of my knowledge he’s the only player to have scored a goal (from play) in four different All Ireland Football Finals. You might throw up some comparative All Ireland Final scoring statistics to give us a bit of perspective on your position.

Cooper has lost more All Ireland finals than he has won. Donaghy has won more than he has lost.

Which counties did Cooper score these goals against in All Ireland finals?

And that proves exactly what?

Brian Mullins, Mick O’Connell and Mick O’Dwyer all lost in 5 of their 9 All Ireland Football finals.

The likes of Sean Purcell and Colm O’Rourke had just a 50% winning record in All Ireland finals.

Dublin, Mayo and Cork.

Are you for fucking real?

Seriously, this is as dumb as saying Messi is not an all-time great kinda shit.

It matters because Cooper has only won All Ireland finals against Mayo and Cork, teams who share a solitary total of 1 All Ireland between them in the past 26 years and regularly roll over and have their belly tickled by Kerry. He has failed in his final meetings with teams who share 8 All Irelands in those 26 years.

Like the Kerrymen in 2010 claiming Paddy Kelly and Donnacha O’Connor.

Aren’t you the guy who told us Donaghy was finished in 2014?