All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Yes. All-Ireland finals tend to be cagier games than semi-finals. Still think Mayo need to be hitting at least 1-15 to have a realistic chance of winning though.

1-14 or the equivalent is the record for a losing team in a 70 minute final (Kerry 1982, Meath 1991, Mayo 2013).

Dublin have hit 12 points (not including their goals tally) in their last three All-Ireland finals - 1-12 in 2011, 2-12 in 2013 and 0-12 in 2015.

In fact it’s 1974 since a Dublin team scored more than 12 points in a winning All-Ireland final.

4 Likes

Not true

Cluxton prefers to play into the Canal/Davin end. Think this team have scored more goals into that end than the hill. Previous Dublin captains always chose to play into the Hill 2nd half. To everyone’s surprise, he’s the opposite.

I was talking about warm ups bro. The way a team plays is determined by the coin toss. And it would be no surprise that Cluxton prefers the Hill at his back.

The Mercantile is a hellhole, bro.

2 Likes

If your 18 year old friends aren’t going to the game tell them to forget the city centre and watch it in Quinn’s, the Big Tree or wherever they can get in around the stadium.

Not the bloody Mercantile.

They were in their fuck.

You really will say anything to win an argument

And in he steams, like a bull on the loose in a Super Valu. :grinning:

1 Like

With apologies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPs7k1Uq7-o

Daniel O’Donnell’s brother owns it I think.

It’s like the Donegal Embassy in Dublin.

1 Like

He does indeed, James. Or at least has a part share in it. He used to work the door in Portobello back in the day. A man not to be messed with.

Ex Dub Fran Ryder part owner too.

Informative.

Speaking of Donegal, I hope Ciaran has managed to survive the arduous trips up and down from Donegal these past few weeks? From the way it was being spoken of in the media it sounded as if he was having to walk the journey?

The customs check at Gweedore airport and subsequent 50 min round flight.were quite arduous I believe.

Sounds like he’ll be a questionable starter for Sunday so :joy:

With Flynn out already that could be fatal.

When did he get removed from being a Dub?

3 Likes

Leinster Football was in terminal decline by the time Pillar took over Dublin. There was not one serious All Ireland contender in there so winning handy Leinster titles was not a big deal. I don’t agree that we were in the top 2 or 3 in Ireland, but with the players at Pillars disposal we should have been. Instead we were a team of flat track bullies who would relish hammering bad teams in Leinster but either bottled it or shit the pot completely as soon as we met a good team.

I also think you are being selective in your analysis of the players Pillar had available to him. Cluxton, Barry Cahill, Alan Brogan, CIaran Whelan, SHane Ryan, Bryan Cullen, Bernard Brogan, Diarmuid Connolly, David Henry, Tomas Quinn, Conal Keaney, Paul Griffin , Stephen O SHaughnessy, Philly McMahon, and Bastick were and in a lot of cases still are very good players. That team should have done better and I believe it was all the bolloxology that Pillar went on with that held them back.

Finally, and this is the clincher for me, all those photo ops with his kids at the end of matches.WTF? I am sure I heard the Croke Park Stadium announcer say “Would all Gardai, Stewards and Pillar Caffrey’s kids please go to their end of match positions”.

3 Likes

@myboyblue - I take it back, 400 euro is rate to secure a “corporate” ticket (not sure if premium). Somebody I know has paid 800 euro for two tickets for an important client who “goes to all the dubs games”

People pay for those yokes?

Seems to be a grey market. If you pay 400 euro you will get a ticket