All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Studs and soakage. Modern boots made for slipping on artifical grass. There is not natural drainage there anymore i believe.

What would a Kilkenny man know about football?

:pint:

To “assault an opposing mentor” is a red card. Assault is not defined. All other acts like striking, pushing etc are so assault can be taken quite liberally. It was foolish, but it would be fairly controversial to send him off.

Can he be retrospectively be punished?

Connolly punched Keegan too. Its uncanny how no matter what you know you can get to Connolly eventually.

Citing in GAA would be some comedy show. Imagine tge craic we’d all knock out of it every monday evening. :joy::joy::joy:

You waited a while for that one :clap:

Eh you showed you had no understand of the black card rule.

You were the one who thought it was a black card despite O’Connor being the player who turned his shoulder into a player making a support run. The whole panel agreed it was not a black card at half time despite your laughable roaster-tinted protestations that it was.

I didn’t argue O’Connor wasn’t a clutch player who can take a chance. I did state he is a shit player but can only have minimal impacts on games like these due to his inability to win ball and create space for himself. His team dominated for 70 minutes yet his impact on the game was of minimal impact, if he spent more time winning ball and wriggling free than he does trying to pressure the referee into giving him everything then he might not be getting marked out of All Irelands by rookie defenders.

All you have done is showcase your complete lack of understanding on the game. You mugged yourself off on both points.

1 Like

By the letter of the law he could, the reality or chances of that happening is virtually zero. Can of worms to start that stuff.

Cillian O’Connor put hands on the referee.

Very effective in other sports.

I can’t believe someone wasn’t in with it immediately

Then he should be ridiculed for that too, i didn’t notice it myself, but no different the rules for him

He did it a couple of time at the incident before the final whistle which was a fairly dirty tackle by Regan, going in with the shoulder on McMahon from the front. He grabbed the referee’s arm and shoulders when the referee was running away from him.

Yeah I’ve been on about an AFL type set up for years with regards to suspensions and appeals.

You are unbelievably selective with whats dirty/not dirty.

Mayo only matching what Dublin, Kerry, Tyrone et al are at. Its no surprise mist of the best teams are also the dirtiest.

How was he watching he made about 150 posts on here during the game.

1 Like

Problem GAA has is the insistence on “letting the game flow” which becomes more pronounced as the season goes on. So rules are not enforced. End up with piece meal knee jerk changes to rules. Black card is simply unworkable. Even the added on time rule that has come in this year seems arbitrary and inconsistent.

Dubs were shocking today. the dynamism, the running - punching holes in opposition defence was not there. Mayo seem to have pace to match Dublin so Dublin played in front of Mayo and then kicked horrible wides.

Not Gavin’s best day at the office - failed to influence game with changes. Team looked flat. Brogan didn’t feature. Flynn was poor. MDM looks so clumsy at times. O’Sullivan had a poor game too - looked uncomfortable when ran at. You would expect Dublin to only be better next day but If Mayo don’t treat today as a moral victory then they should gain confidence that they have the tools to stop Dublin.

Are Mayo as dirty and cynical as the other teams mentioned?

Yes, arguably the most systematically cynical of the lot in fact.

Do they get punished for it?

Certainly not. While any slight misdemeanour the likes of Tyrone and Donegal get up to is magnified and they have players who are made marked men as a result. Mayo get away with blue murder. Very rarely has anyone spoke out against Mayo’s cynical ploys, I recall a Cork selector making a point of the cynical fouling of the likes of O’Connor and McLoughlin four or five years ago. What has a referee ever done about this as they consistently do it? Nothing.

Media make a big hullabaloo over Tyrone players diving, one of their players is hit with a ban before an All Ireland semi-final with a made-up rule in the aftermath and another player then becomes the first player to be booked for diving in a Championship game after he was fouled in the penalty area.

And you try and claim the media and pundits can not influence a decision maker’s perspective…

I don’t claim that. In fact i have posted scientific evidence on this site showing that referees are extremely easily influenced by all manner of means.

Typical long winded nordie chip on the shoulder nonsense.

3 Likes

Not what you said here:

Ffs. 2 different conversations:rollseyes: