All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Rattled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNdb0sMsfpw

1 Like

Dublin were underpar.

It just happens some times and Dublin are a better team than Mayo, it is why they have 3 AIs in the last 5 years and Mayo have none. It’s all about what happens on the day but generally replays are won by the stronger team and in a lot of cases the original match was the chance the underdog had. I don’t envisage Dublin playing as poorly in the replay.

You were to first to call it here pal, probably as far back as early July - that Mayo will win the 2016 All Ireland.

1 Like

I did indeed pal, thanks for remembering. I didn’t see anything to change my mind about that today. They fucked Dublin up in the tunnel before the game, and only for two scabby freaky goals, they would have done likewise on the field. Mayo were not going to be beaten today despite all of that.

1 Like

Andy moran

1 Like

Well i envisage Mayo being just as good and maybe better the next day,they will put just as much pressure on the dubs and the dubs will not like it one bit,mayo by 2 for me next day out.Dublin like to bully teams,they wont bully Mayo

They also weren’t going to win. Which is what you need to do to get an All Ireland.

If Connolly had the chance he got in the 2nd half he would have buried it into the net.

Andy Moran bravely won a load of ball often vs 2 Dublin players…but he had to take that goal chance.

If he hit that low either side of Cluxton, Mayo would be AI champions tonight.

I said it here already, Andy Moran is a class act. A class act. A leader. Shouldn’t have been taken off. He was still beating Dublin defenders at that stage, but what harm.

2 Likes

Connolly never misses a chance. Perhaps you didn’t witness his wankology at the end in the sideline ? You said he was only one in the field with that vision. And that is very much incorrect.

There was plenty of similar talk before the hurling final about Kilkenny winning 4 AI’s in the last years and Tipperary having none. It didn’t hold much relevance to what happened in 2016. Dublin have already established themselves as a great team. The signs of decay have been there all year though and Mayo have every chance of taking them out next day.

2 Likes

Moran doesn’t have the freekick Connolly took in his locker…

I’d have him in any team, but he’s technically inferior to the top forwards in the game imo.

I was shouting for Mayo as the underdog as a neutral…but you have to admire Connollys footballing ability.

Best forward in the country by a mile.

How many All Ireland finals have Mayo contested in since they last won?

Moran was unreal. Incredible leadership upfront throughout.

Is that John Casey in the clip, the ex Mayo forward? If so, no wonder he was afraid pre-match. Didn’t he jump onto the ground and pretend he was hit to avoid the actual fight against Meath in 1996?

@The_Most_Infamous is completely overstating the “brilliance” of Connolly’s pass for the second goal. Absolutely inept defending by Mayo. The old sprint towards the ball, put on the brakes, spin and go back in behind by Rock and next thing he was in 15 yards’ space. Connolly from a dead ball under no pressure had acres of room to drop the ball into. Rock had time to fumble and fuck it up before Boyle belatedly got back to toe it in.

Keegan has consistently got the better of Connolly in recent years.

1 Like

It’s gas how much all you Muuldoons hate Connolly :ronnyroar:

1 Like

This is their 8th.

So we can use as far back as 1950’s for this discussion. Is it only with Ulster teams we start a bit later?

Time for a re-brand spoofer boy

1 Like

@Sidney was right about Clarke’s kick-outs being a weakness. He was broadly okay on the very short ones bar the late dodgy one that ended up with Connolly kicking Dublin’s last point. But he lofted a few terrible ones into areas 45-65 yards out where Mayo players were outnumbered 3 to 1.

1 Like

We don’t need to go back to the 50s.

Mayo’s record in All Ireland finals since 1989 is:

Played 9
Won 0
Drawn 2
Lost 7

2 Likes

On a wet day…with v little actual footballing quality it stood out by a mile.

If it’s dry next weekend Dublin will go for the throat…they need to look at dropping Flynn and Brogan though…both appear to be finished.

2 Likes