All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Last year Ulster had 50% of the teams competing in the All Ireland series proper. Leinster had 25% and Connacht and Munster had 12.5% each.

Jarlath Burns forgetting that Down won the All-Ireland minor championship in 2005.

The standard is definitely on the way down after a very good 10 years. It was never going to be sustained.

:rollseyes:

They are giving Ali more coverage than the Ulster championship :laughing:

I wouldn’t expect anything else form the snakes in RTE.

Given that Tyrone and Monaghan won’t have to slog their way through Ulster this year they should be proper All Ireland contenders.

:rollseyes: :zzz:

No that is ridiculous.

Monaghan’s ship has sailed. Donegal and Monaghan are capable of taking a big scalp but aren’t serious contenders.

It’s one of Dublin, Mayo, Kerry and Tyrone and you can forget about Kerry if they have to beat Dublin along the way. There’s the top 4 teams right now and then you have Monaghan, Donegal and possibly Cork who are capable of getting a result against them (or some of them) in Croke Park in business end game in August.

Tyrone could possibly be contenders but they’ll need to find a few players on the way. Monaghan are tricky to beat and might catch one of the big 3/4 but they won’t win an all Ireland.

I’d love to see Tyrone win it.

I think Cavan will give Tyrone a big fright next time out. Probably line out with a team of gym monkeys and try and beat them by playing as little football as possible. I do still think Tyrone are a level above anything else in Ulster though. If they want to go out and play football for 70 mins, they’re probably the only team capable of beating Dublin, physically and mentally.

1 Like

As would I. Would Mickey boycott rte after the final?

They could beat Tyrone in Clones.

They wouldn’t beat Tyrone in Croke Park.

He’d boycott SKY anyway I’d say. :smile:

He’s a great GAA man, I’ve a lot of time for him.

The Ulster sides from the UK are an embarrassment.

Ah ya can’t say that, not after laois disgraceful performance last night. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dublin were told to ease up because the game was on sky.

I reckon after their supporters pathetic turn out as well the Leinster council will never play another Dublin match outside croke park again. Can’t have been more than a 100 Laois supporters there last night.

The match should have been played in Portlaoise not kilkenny, particularly the way football is treated down there. One away match and they play it at a neutral venue. Everything weighted for the the dubs again.

1 Like

They played it in a ground that could cope with the numbers.

I don’t hear Clare or Waterford moaning about having to play their game in a neutral ground.