All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

The loser of this evening’s Donegal-Monaghan replay also goes into the B side, as does the Ulster final loser.

The Ulster final winner and the loser of the Tyrone-Cavan replay go into the A side.

The B side is looking considerably stronger at this point and Dublin will likely have a tough quarter-final draw after their cakewalk through Leinster. This may well be where they are taken, if at all.

Kerry, presuming they win tomorrow, will also be vulnerable in the quarter-final. That quarter-final won’t be for another five weeks and it’s unlikely they’ll be tested going into it.

Do Kerry go into the A side if they lose tomorrow?

there is doing a job and blowing a lead to lose to Westmeath

Yes but that isn’t going to happen.

It would certainly work out better for them though.

The best athletes in Kildare have 4 legs and ate hay.

1 Like

@myboyblue

Audio link for today’s game with authentic local Laois roaster commentary please, buddy.

Midlands Radio 103 should do ya. You’ll find it on the excellent radio player app. It may not get full coverage though with Offaly playing Wexford. There may be a devoted mixlr link, I’ll post it if there is.

1 Like

For argument’s sake I’ll say that Galway, Tyrone, Kerry and Dublin win the provinces and the beaten finalists are Roscommon, Monaghan, Westmeath and Tipperary.

The quarter finals would then work out something like this:

Galway v A side qualifier (likely one of Cavan/Tipperary/Meath/Derry/Laois/Armagh)
Tyrone v A side qualifier (likely one of Roscommon/Cavan/Tipperary/Meath/Derry/Laois/Armagh)

Dublin v B side qualifier (likely one of Donegal/Monaghan/Mayo/Cork)
Kerry v B side qualifier (likely one of Donegal/Monaghan/Mayo/Cork)

Winning Ulster is a serious prize this year. An All-Ireland final place is definitely up for grabs by getting into the A side.

So Mayo will play either Dublin or Kerry in quarter finals ??

Too early to say. And i don’t think he has much in terms of ability in that squad. It takes ages to undo the damage a bluffer like McGeeney would do.

Not to mention its a very different role to his Kerry one.

He has improved significantly 3 different teams. Hardly a bluffer.

A fat short shorts wearing “fitness expert” can’t be taken seriously.

2 Likes

I wonder about the appearence alright. There is decent studies done that say the healthier you coach appears and looks the more your players will respect you.

I don’t buy the injury excuse. I have a 48 year old female client with 2 replacement knees and is in remarkable shape (and it has f-all to do with me). You should practice what you preach at leSt to some level.

2 Likes

@Nembo_Kid

1 Like

Cody
Ferguson
Paisley
Ancelotti
Del Bosque
Joe Kernan
Eamonn Coleman
Paidi O’Se
Donal O’Grady
Warren Gatland
Graham Henry

Some of sport’s greatest ever coaches there and none of them looked a picture of health.

McGeeney is an impressive physical specimen, boy is he impressive. Not currently an impressive coach, however. He’s missing the very unimpressive looking Paul Grimley, I think.

Read before about how Fergie and United were looking for a new assistant manager at one point (after either Kidd or McLaren left)

Fergie got a recommendation about Martin Jol (before he took over at Spurs) so called him up to arrange a meeting. Jol arrived on, Fergie took one look at him and decided he couldn’t offer him the job because the players wouldn’t respect someone in that shape.

Wexford are in for some hiding here so because Eamonn Kelly is looking like the greatest manager of all time.

Wrong thread mate

Cian O’Neill = the Peter Principle

A lot of being a manager is having the level of empathy, self awareness, intelligence to manage a group of different people.

See also Ger Cunningham

Call it an X Factor and the greats have it

2 Likes

Were they S&C Coaches?

Jesus never knew i was in such good company.

Of course the point you are trying to make proves nothing.