All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Judging by this I’m presuming it’s a draw.

If wexfort and clare win there will be a draw

I’d give anything for a pre-match @Fagan_ODowd post tomorrow, especially one accompanied by a picture. Maybe a picture of the empty car park where he’s waiting for his lift or of his bag of sandwiches or something.

I think Wexford will set up similar to the last two games. Paidi Foley dropping back to play around the “D” to protect the full back line like De Burca for them, both midfielders playing fairly deep with one always holding around the centre back area, Chin in turn playing a deep/roaming centre forward role and one, if not two, of the other forwards coming back towards midfield to link the play, pick up breaks and run at the opposition. Our defence doesn’t look too great on paper but Chin, McGovern and McDonald should pose an attacking threat and I hope David Dunne keeps his form up.

2 Likes

Have our minors any hope without O’Connor? David Dunnes direct game won’t be suited by a flooded Waterford defence which will also have 2 lads on McDonald. We need Chin to have the game of his life to have any chance.

1 Like

They beat Limerick in a practice match recently a panellist told me. O’Connor is a massive loss though.

I’ve had a premonition, a vision, of things to come. I believe Liam and Sam will come west at various stages over the next 5 years. but the darkest part of the night comes before dawn, so while I believe we will turn up and beat clare, we will exit both championships at the hands of Tipperary in croker. And so it shall come to pass.

4 Likes

No shame in losing to that Tipp team.

2 Likes

He loves his county.

1 Like

Can you imagine the craic if we actually won today? We’d surely be the worst team to reach an AISF in a good few years. More importantly, we could put the nail in the coffin of Waterfords ‘system’

4 Likes

Hon Wexford in that case. Ye’ve had very little credit for beating Cork but that was as good a Wexford performance as I’ve seen in years, particularly how they responded to the Cork goal and finished it out in style.
Good luck today.

Any way of getting better tickets for Thurles than gaa.ie?

Block 101 in the old stand is all that’s available online other than the terraces.

Hardly. Very few from Wexford think that they will win. It’s mainly lads from other counties who think we have a chance.

That usually isn’t the case with limerick where ye lads get all fired up and the rest of the country knows they are shit.

Would love to see Wexford win as Mac says to put a stop to their shitty system play. And they are also one of the most arrogant bunch of supporters of a team who has done fuck all. But I can’t see it Happening. Man for man, they are better than us. Our only saving grace is they won’t go man for man. However our tactics for combating this system may be less than adequate.

I am nearly sure they lost that one and it was back a few months too. I am expecting a change at full forward on the team today going by their line out at training during the week. We could do with last years full forward on the team, but that’s a whole other story.

Are we bringing Billy Byrne out of retirement?

He’s a bit old now for minor Mac. FFS sake.

2 Likes

:rollseyes:

1 Like

[quote=“somerandomperson, post:3143, topic:21107”]
draw
A DREAM I

@Fagan_ODowd and play

https://youtu.be/SdSsXiEIDSA

Waterford invented hurling.

https://youtu.be/H-eSWIZkAH8 @Fagan_ODowd