All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Bizarre that @bandage thought he tapped it over

All those poor years have merged into one in my mind. Sure of course it couldn’t have been 2010 when we hadn’t played in Croke Park since 2008. I’m all over the shop

I never mentioned the penalty, mate. I think it was Geoff.

Ah fuck it all. Barren years since they got rid of John Meyler. I’ll go up as ever in hope rather than expectation through them shitty depressing little south Tipperary towns. Please fucking god we win.

Very modest, pal.

Is it definitely kilkenny when we win chaps?

It is.

Even if both qualifier teams progress?

I’m not sure what way it works to be honest but from everyone I’m hearing is the winners get Kilkenny.

Judging by this I’m presuming it’s a draw.

If wexfort and clare win there will be a draw

I’d give anything for a pre-match @Fagan_ODowd post tomorrow, especially one accompanied by a picture. Maybe a picture of the empty car park where he’s waiting for his lift or of his bag of sandwiches or something.

I think Wexford will set up similar to the last two games. Paidi Foley dropping back to play around the “D” to protect the full back line like De Burca for them, both midfielders playing fairly deep with one always holding around the centre back area, Chin in turn playing a deep/roaming centre forward role and one, if not two, of the other forwards coming back towards midfield to link the play, pick up breaks and run at the opposition. Our defence doesn’t look too great on paper but Chin, McGovern and McDonald should pose an attacking threat and I hope David Dunne keeps his form up.

2 Likes

Have our minors any hope without O’Connor? David Dunnes direct game won’t be suited by a flooded Waterford defence which will also have 2 lads on McDonald. We need Chin to have the game of his life to have any chance.

1 Like

They beat Limerick in a practice match recently a panellist told me. O’Connor is a massive loss though.

I’ve had a premonition, a vision, of things to come. I believe Liam and Sam will come west at various stages over the next 5 years. but the darkest part of the night comes before dawn, so while I believe we will turn up and beat clare, we will exit both championships at the hands of Tipperary in croker. And so it shall come to pass.

4 Likes

No shame in losing to that Tipp team.

2 Likes

He loves his county.

1 Like

Can you imagine the craic if we actually won today? We’d surely be the worst team to reach an AISF in a good few years. More importantly, we could put the nail in the coffin of Waterfords ‘system’

4 Likes

Hon Wexford in that case. Ye’ve had very little credit for beating Cork but that was as good a Wexford performance as I’ve seen in years, particularly how they responded to the Cork goal and finished it out in style.
Good luck today.

Any way of getting better tickets for Thurles than gaa.ie?

Block 101 in the old stand is all that’s available online other than the terraces.