All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

That’s a great result for us in fairness. There is no doubt that cork were shit, but don’t forget they hammered us last year at home. It’s rare we hit more than 20 points in a game, so it’s pleasing to get up a good score. As mentioned, the big players we have stood up. The response from the goal in particular, usually our teams just say ah well, we have it a good shot, here’s the usual collapse and moral victory.

Great win. Still not convinced by Dunne, but I’m glad he has got a good win again under his belt.

9 Likes

Hope you heeded my advice and travelled pal. Haven’t seen the chap in 20 years but delighted for my cousin James Breen. After a shaky start, he really got to grips with Cadogan.

1 Like

Completely agree. If anything we’ve regressed slightly but the players are fighting for each other.

Be great to get a handy draw like Galway now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wexford completely deserved to win that. Worked harder, used the ball better, more clinical. Chin gave a display in ball-winning, destroyed the Cork half-back line.

Lehane, Cadogan, O’Farrell, Kearney, Kingston and Lawton did alright. The less said about the rest the better. Sideline also hopeless, Cooper didn’t touch the ball for thirty minutes before he was subbed, Horgan and Harnedy contributed nothing and no plan to counter-act Chin.

1 Like

2 massive points from McGovern at the death. McDonald also had a huge final quarter coming deeper to win ball in the air. Chin is the best Faythe Harrier since LarryO and was superb. Fair play to the backs. James Breen is a fantastic find. Well done, boys. That was a heartwarming display by Wexford B. Any news on whether Shore, Redmond, Ryan, Murphy, Nolan, Doran, Byrne, Foley, Guiney, Tomkins will be available for the quarter final?

4 Likes

Lehane was rubbish. Wtf did Kingston do?

Chin MOTM? The Wexford 6 and 8 played a load of ball as well.

Lehane scored three from play and set up the goal. Kingston won a few balls and even managed to pass one to our corner-forward. Both actually contributed something, unlike the majority of the Cork team.

What a finish from Liam Og as he was anonymous for 45 mins beforehand. Really put his shoulder to the wheel when needed.

O’Hanlon had a storming final 10 minutes also.

I’m fucking delighted here.

2 Likes

Chin is a superb athlete. Mcdonalds best performance since 13 I’d say.

Regressed? Bring it, pal

I’m in Monaghan, pal. My life partner had a family event and it would have been very poor form of me not to attend. Give me a shout if you’re in Carrickmacross and fancy a pint.

Well done Wexford. Fully deserved.

Is SOD (Shane O’Donnell) playing lads?

14, bro. He only made a brief substitute appearance against Clare in '13 when you beat us in extra time.

He’s nearly 26. The hurling is from his maternal bloodlines with his grandfather a stalwart of the all conquering Adamstown team of the late 1920’s to early 1940’s. The steeliness is from his paternal Duffry Rovers/Kiltealy bloodlines.

I know he’s old enough but I never considered him as an inter-county hurling option. He always seemed like a much better footballer to me and I was surprised when he threw his lot in with the hurlers. He’s very sticky and has a nice amount of disciplined aggression. Fair play to him.

There’ll be some dancing at the crossroads tonight.

Is media whore Seamus Hickey a busted flush?

James was captain of the under 21 football team that won leinster in 2011. That team also included Matthew O Hanlon and Liam Og McGovern who also started today. And I’m nearly sure Dee O Keefe was injured that year and would have started too.

1 Like