All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

You’re trying too hard again. Stop trying too hard.

Stating a fact. Tipperary people have a real exaggerated sense of their current place in the scheme of things. Their golden eras ended over half a century ago in 1965.

1 Like

You’re still doing it. Stop. Just, stop.

1 Like

He’s right. They are already now claiming to be the #savioursofhurling after one game. A county full of head inflated flutes. KK have cleaned up for the last 15 years and you wouldn’t hear a word out of them.

Lads ye have it all wrong.

They was a shortage of the “system” not too much.

1 Like

Well when he has you on his side he can’t lose.

1 Like

They didn’t set up with ‘the system’ on Sunday. Not that most of the lads roaring about would have noticed.

1 Like

TIPPERARY MANAGER MICHAEL Ryan has hailed the influence of former Ireland rugby international Denis Leamy on his Munster senior hurling champions.
Ryan confirmed last night that Tipp native Leamy, a two-time Heineken Cup winner with Munster, is a current member of the Premier County’s backroom team.
Leamy, 34, has gained qualifications in strength training in recent years and has passed on some useful advice from his professional playing days to the Tipp players.
Ryan told Tipp FM’s Extra-Time show last night (Monday): “Denis is sharing his experiences, really and truly.
“He’s an absolute winner and I think he’s a very good influence on our lads. “When we first introduced him to the group, we said ‘welcome to your competition at corner forward!’
“But he’s one of our own, we were delighted to welcome him and he’s a breath of fresh air, coming from a different sporting background and yet a lot of same trials, tribulations, experiences.
“His experience is at the highest level in both club and international rugby.
“He’s just a great guy and a great ambassador for Tipp.
“We were delighted to welcome Denis on board and he’s just a great influence around the place.”
Leamy was capped 57 times by Ireland and he’s not the only former Munster rugby star involved with a Tipperary team – as Ian Dowling is currently physio with the county’s senior footballers.

is Gary Ryan still with Tipp

Some mention on radio about Waterford being out on pitch for a 35 minute warm up. Seems a bit OTT if true. Big test for Waterford to bounce back from this hammering. Manager comments are usual Blarney of any manager who has seen a beating. The fact that he couldn’t or wouldn’t see it during the game is the worrying part for Waterford. One of Cody’s big strengths is the ability to make decisive changes during games that help turn games around

Waterford don’t seem to have a more attacking way of playing to catch up though, so what was he to change to? If they do have, that’s what they started out with. They don’t have the ability to overhaul a big lead. I also think that walsh and Moran are being carried a bit in this system, I’d question whether they could still hold their own in their position in a more traditional set up at this stage.

If you think you wouldn’t hear a word out of Kilkenny then you clearly don’t interact with any Kilkenny people

4 Likes

Brick Walsh has been a passenger on that team for two years now. Moran, is definitely not a passenger though.
He can cover the half back, midfield & wing forward positions with ease. Even a CF he is a good puck out option as he is very good in the air.

The pity for WD Sunday is that if they had reverted to 15 v 15 w/o the sweeper they actually have players that can play the coventional system pretty well.

What way did they set up? Was it something completely new? I started watching the game when McGrath was lining up the penalty and it was a disjointed non-event after that. Previously, I felt they had a defensive variation of their ultra defensive system which involved granting Gleeson licence to go further forward.

He can play anywhere in the middle third, but can he still do it in a traditional set up if he’s in an awful lot more space? Not sure.

I’m finding it harder than usual to hate this Tipp team. I have had some professional dealings with the manager and he seems like a completely alright sort. I’ll just have to keep remembering what Paudie Maher did to Michael Rice to keep the bile levels topped up if we meet them later in the year.

Waterford did indeed play 15 on 15 for the first ten minutes or so but after that seemed to revert to one spare man back, which in itself was fairly attacking for them

Poor John :joy:

post of the year

Denis Leamy was and is a cunt.

Social climbing Tipp ape, your nearly worse for copying and pasting that shite.

Denis Leamy and fat lad from KK ffs.

2 Likes

“You’re”