All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

It was interesting to see how early and willingly the collective TFK blade was lowered on Waterford yesterday. Same thing happened to Galway last week. It probably happens to Limerick as well but we don’t take any notice at this stage. Is it true that we would all prefer to see KK or Tipp win an All Ireland than for someone else to make a breakthrough?

4 Likes

Clare wexford

The collective TFK blade is always lowered for the team that’s losing, it’s the TFK way. The blade will sometimes do a complete 180 degrees if a team manages to come back from a halftime deficit however

5 Likes

I think the general feeling out there is not so much seen Kilkenny or Tipperare win the AIF. It’s how it’s won that is now the main topic of conversation. Tipp won yesterday by playing hurling “as it should be played” Dito Kilkenny. Now your Clare, Waterford even Limerick supporters won’t give a fuck if they make the breakthrough. But a little unlike football the purists are hoping that pure rather then puke will win the day

If a team is “over sold” or “over hyped as reinventing something” and then crash and burn then TFK will come down heavy. Especially if there is a cult of personality involved.

It is only right really.

1 Like

True and Mullane didn’t really help their cause, forecasting a September appearance

Derek McGrath’s handshake with Michael Ryan amused me yesterday. He practically had his back turned to him when dangling out the briefest of hands. I don’t like McGrath. Hashtag: blade lowering.

2 Likes

Embarrassment more than anything else I’d say, mate.

It’s the headgear I have a problem with.

Did John Mullane make any comments on yesterday’s match?

Today’s INDO. Usual patronising shite.

Link…

Jesus Harry you know me long enough by now to know that I’m as useful as Titsey on a bull when it comes to technologyou. Today’s INDO. Mullane crying in his beer. Did everything but crawl back from his prediction of the blaas going all the way

hear you go @carryharry enjoy

2 Likes

I think it would be quite awkward for Mullane to stick the boot into his brother-in-law

2 Likes

Scutter, the journalist who wrote that should be ashamed of himself.

1 Like

Not to mind. The Waterford half wits will lap it up.

It upsets him :laughing:

So it does

Kilkenny have won 11 All Ireland’s in 15 years from 2000-2015. Tipperary have won two All Ireland’s in the last quarter century. That’s as many as Offaly and one less than Clare and Cork in that time span. A Tipperary All Ireland win would represent a breakthrough.

2 Likes