All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Came on as a sub for Colm Farrell.

Yep

You obviously didn’t read the subs that came on.

2 things from that game. Sexton gave Waterford a phantom free that Kelly buried and I very much doubt that Fitzy ran the length of the field to tap a penalty over the bar.

Thought he mishit it myself.

Seamus Prendergast accidentally clocked John Mullane in the intense warm up for that game. Mullane spent 3-4 mins on the ground getting attention to stop bleeding from somewhere. Was funny to see it happen. At the same time our lads were trudging from the end line to the 21 and back again.

1 Like

That was Fitzy’s last ever championship game in 2008. He mishit it. Mullane was acting the cunt when teams were coming out, shouldering a very young David Redmond in the tunnel on the way out.

It was. But he played another couple in 2009.

2 Likes

Heard a story that he (or another Waterford panel member or backroom team member) hit one of the Wexford players a slap in the balls as the teams were running out. Classy.

I remember Fitzy letting in a shitty goal in a qualifier against Limerick in Wexford Park the following year. The day of the torrential rain when Limerick TFK posters on their first Wexford Park visit were caught out by the ground not being all seater with covered stands on all 4 sides.

1 Like

Ffs. It wasn’t him and it happened as the teams went in at half time.

I didn’t, pal. Apologies for the oversight. I now recall Shanahan catching a ball above Stamp for his goal. Do you have any recollections of the game?

Apologies that I was told a slightly inaccurate story

It was hot pal and I was high as a kite on painkillers so not really.

You’re dead right, he played in the Dublin game as well before that in Nowlan Park.

You were very brave to even travel. Weren’t you in hospital the week of the game, pal? Or was that another time?

He let in a ridiculously soft goal just after half time from Eddie Brennan against KK that year I thought too? His time was up.

That was another time I think. Was only a broken ankle. Got parking close to the stadium so no hassle really.

1 Like

Wtf

Read it again

You thinking of the 08 Leinster final when Brennan lobbed him from the Cusack ? That and that shitty goal against Linerick in 09 are still the only blots on his career, won us many games on his own.