All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Clare will walk this

So if ye win the u21 it actually wont be a disappointing year? Jump in the time machine and delete this thread pal you’re all over the shop

It will still be have been disappointing with regard to the Senior side but this will have been slightly diluted by a success for the U21 side.

Underage success rarely makes up for a famine at senior level, not that I need to tell you that.

Not impossible. Tip beat them in 2010, and should have done in 2009 as well. Galway won’t fade next year. I don’t think there will be any discontent, other than a few blowhards. AC doing a good job. Needs to, and will I’m sure, consult widely about how to counter Kk pulling 13 men back, as they always do when needed.
Clare may come again, but I have my doubts about the management. Cork seem unlikely, as do Dublin. Tip as always could beat anyone with a fair wind. Limerick, I hope they go well, but their fitness, of all things, didn’t look up to scratch. Waterford, not sure, if they improve they will be great, but some of the older heads are, well, getting old.
Kk’s to lose again unfortunately.

No need for the rough stuff, mate.

Its TFKNFLFF season pal. The rough stuff has only begun.

Who cares? Another handy KK AI.

Here, you lost the final (again) alright? Stop fucking lashing out at everyone else and internalise your pain, like the rest of us do.

Galway god help us.

What a pleasant surprise to get an “earned nice post” for this one.

@Rocko, why do we only get notified for the first like to a post and no subsequent ones?

2 Likes

Any chance we can lower the bar for a nice post rating, Bandage mate? 6 likes seems to be my glass ceiling since the new site came in to be honest :sweat:

Waterford with O’Mahoney back will be in the last four, as will KK, the remainder will come from Limerick, Galway, Clare, Chipp & Wexford.

Not with that game plan they wont.

They managed this year and they will improve and I suspect adapt the game plan also.

In fairness. The two teams they beat were no great shakes and the two teams that beat them never looked in trouble. Im not saying they wont but I would put Galway, Tipp well ahead of them in terms of reaching the last 4

Record of teams winning league is very good in championship of following season.

Tipp would be very likely had they retained O’Shea’s services. As for Ryan, who knows?

The raw material is there but as someone else said, they have been training at the highest level since minor. How much better can they get? They need to trust themselves man to man and see how they get on.

1 Like

Limerick might do it but not with TJ

So here is the state of play.

Kilkenny - Reigning Champions. Regime in place for another year. No retirements.
Tipp - New manager, retirements.
Galway - New Manager, likely retirements.
Waterford - Good coach, good young squad. need to be more attacking to make progress.
Cork - New Manager, anybody retire?
Clare - New high profile unproven coach + mentalist manager. Good young squad.
Laois - Good coach, good young squad. need to be more attacking to make progress.
Limerick, Wexford, Dublin - Regressing on previous year.

Be a very big ask to have a team win first time with a new manager.

Kilkenny v Waterford AI final?