All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Galway Limerick final for me.

4 Likes

Cheddar is in situ next year mate. Just pop us into the Waterford category there.

Cheers.

Done

1 Like

Be the first time in history both teams managed to lose

6 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Cheddar putting the boot into Dessie and the GPA :clap:

Laois manager Seamus Plunkett can’t see how the Fenway Classic is doing anything to promote hurling.

Dublin and Galway battled it out in Boston on Sunday in the Super 11s but Plunkett points out that money would be better invested in promoting the indigenous game at home in weaker counties:

"I probably wouldn’t question the wisdom of it if the work was going on here in Ireland," he states in The Irish Daily Mirror. "It’s just when there is such a lack of strategic thinking about growing the game in these counties and then you have something like that, I think then it doesn’t work.

"What was the objective of it? These things don’t come cheap and they send two panels to the States? This is not about the money, it’s really about the thinking behind the whole project.

"It’s unclear how the game in Ireland is going to grow and then there’s something like this. It just doesn’t sit right and certainly I think you would have a completely different way of growing the game worldwide or Stateside or whatever that objective is than simply going and having a game in Fenway Park to promote it.

“We’ve a limited amount of money in terms of promoting the game in Ireland and I would just think that the full focus should be on that.”

He’s dead fucking right by the way.

2 Likes

Yes, spot on.

Is it a free junket for all?

I see the likes of Sportsfile had a photographer over there.

Would the GAA be footing the bill for all these hangers on types in addition to the squads?

I presume they sold tickets to the 28,000 odd that would surely cover most of the costs?

The thick Laois fuckhead wouldn’t think of that though.

PSG Sponsorship were out there as well, who employed them? The GPA had a huge amount of people out there. Mossy Quinn was out there, I presume in his role with Dublin GAA. I would LOVE to see the expenses on this.

So you think the GAA spent nothing/next to nothing?

AIG covered a big whack of the costs.

1 Like

I don’t know mate. A quick google suggests tickets were $25 - $30. At the low end that’s $700k. Say they got $200k out of it. Would hardly cost much more than $200k? Flights & accom for say 100 people @ $1k a head. Plus $1k each for other expenses.

$1k each on expenses?? For what?

Thats the question though, how many went out, what were the costs associated with it. How is it beneficial to growing the game? Its just another example of the GAA pricking about, massaging certain peoples ego’s, all the while doing nothing to help the game in counties crying out for assistance.

1 Like

That’s a clamping. A mugging off in fact.

hmmmm

Is ‘Cheddar’ working with the Laois County Board on a blueprint or business case for investment into hurling in Laois by any chance?

laois moaning…again… always the victim…

I was merely pointing out to @myboyblue that it’s unlikely to have cost the gah much.

They probably bought them tracksuits, dinners, novelty US hats etc.

He’s done it twice. And been paid lip service. Then they gave Laois a fortune to do up a stadium they won’t fix a game for. The GAA is hilarious to be fair.

1 Like