All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Not long in the door and missed the match today but the consensus seems to be that it was another dire match.

Hurling is fucked with all these Trappatoni types and their slavish devotion and obsession with systems. Hit a new low when I saw it in a minor match a month or two ago. Creeping into club matches too. Sad to see.

When/if we do get a decent game or two in this summers championship all the other dross will be conveniently overlooked. Like last years championship after the Galway/Tipp semi final.

:slight_smile:

You missed nothing pal, it was one of the worst Munster championship games I’ve ever seen. Definitely the worst Cork performance. They were a complete disaster…I won’t even watch it back tonight it was so bad.

Tipp had there moments, but can’t really take anything out of it as Cork were that bad. Not a good day for the great institution that is the Munster championship. Hopefully it picks up and it should do in two weeks time.

1 Like

Your taking a very strong position on this tipp team.

He’s taking the piss mate.

He is not.

Was that the worst performance by a Cork team in Munster since '96?

Westmeath rewarded for topping round tobin with game against Galway. Offaly get Laois.

The GAH should pay the players

Welcome to last November bud. Do you propose seeding every team in the province before the draw is made or just decide which of the proposed opponents is less shit when the round robin section finishes?

They should make it like rugby league football where the team that tops the round robin gets to pick their opponent. It adds a bit of spice too.

Yeah, that’s kind of fucked up system.

I only saw the first half as I mis set the recording, but tipp played well in the first half. A bit slow to distribute the ball, time that they won’t get against kk, but it was cold and wet and they’ll be a handful for anyone. Their new lads showed well. Unlike kk they eased up as the game drifted, but they look a real threat.

1 Like

That would be a great system. The bitterness would be dripping down from the stands.

3 times and two of those the ball basically went over the post which isn’t an easy call to make.

1 Like

Yes surely better to be getting these decisions correct then having eagle eyed umpires on power trips.

2 Likes

A sad weekand of men trying to play hurling, Wexford god help us, Today i was looking for fire it was Cork V Tipp. Passion blood. Goals, but cork just do not care. They tried to put a plan in place but did not know what the plan was about. If clare get beat which is a real thing i hope we do it trying our best and i will say no worries only cork and wexford in draw for back door

1 Like

Your limericks

Scully Ryan’s Westmeath are the story of the 2016 hurling championship so far.

This must be the worst Tipp team in 18 years. Shocking. We will ate em.