All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Richie Hogan and Mick Fennelly injured in the same game over the weekend.
We’re fucked.

1 Like

Ye were fucked anyway pal, Clare ended ye a few weeks ago. The empire is crumbling.

Here we go.

David Collins is a media darling.

They’ll beat Limerick with a little bit to spare and roll into a Munster Final with decent momentum and put a mentally drained Waterford team (after 3 long games On the trot against Clare) to the sword. They’ll hammer Galway then to set up an All-Ireland final against Clare who will have beaten KK* in the other semi

*edit - replace KK with Dublin, just saw @Piles_Hussain’s post

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

Clare will win Munster this year, beating Waterford then Tipp in the final. Waterford will get to an AI semi but will lose to Tipp in that.

The AI final will be a repeat of the Munster final but Tipp will gain revenge on the banner on the 1st weekend in September. That’s how I see it unfortunately,

Hope I’m very wrong mind you.

Ah Bollix. And hey ho the KK nay sayer gets his spake in straight away… No surprise there

I’ve given that a like

what now?

3 long games on the trot with Clare - could easily be four by the time they’re finished.

1 Like

The '96 loss to Limerick was arguably worse.

Fuck up, you little cunt.

Those Munster championship games in the mid 90’s were unreal though. Provincial championships were do or die back then. There was a great cut albeit a very harsh one about losing back then in late May/June. You were out and that was it.

The qualifiers/backdoor to an extent have been somewhat of a failure in giving the 3 big traditional counties of KK, Tipp and Cork up until recently a second chance.

The other argument is players need more games…and the qualifiers provides us with more matches to watch. The intensity is lacking though. Munster Championship in the 90’s all four games were better. Could be nostalgia fooling me of course but think it’s an argument that can be made at the same time.

Fuck up.

2 Likes

Fuck yourself.

And enjoy the rest of your holiday.

1 Like

I see a similar scenario, but with Clare winning the AI final in a repeat of the '97 thriller/classic.

It’s the only thing holding us back from a reformed championship structure, the fucking Munster championship. Lets do away with it and all the provincial championships and move onto something that works. Most people outside of Munster would agree with this from what I can see.
No reason why you can’t still have a separate Munster Championship.

6 Likes

Run it off in late April/May. Same with Leinster. Let the winners and runners up get a seeding for the AI series and everyone else is unseeded. Two groups of 6 and everyone gets 5 games. Top 8 through the quarter finals, again seeded as in 1st plays 8th and so on. Bottom two play a two legged home/away relegation with the loser going down to the Christy… Simples.

2 Likes

Sounds good to me Locke, make it so.