All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

The county board won’t give it to him I fear. They’ve done everything to screw him.

By all accounts we will be looking for a new management team in a few weeks time once our interest in this campaign ends and the obvious successor doesn’t want the job at the moment.

The alternatives ain’t all that appealing. I’d love Carey to get it but he seems to have burnt his bridges with the chairman and spike. Was probably too bullish taking the u21 job when he did against a star studded Clare team.

Looks like another mercenary or clueless county board yes man so. Grim.

1 Like

Donn Flynn.

My point exactly…he won’t get the role in the foreseeable.

I think himself, Quaid and Foley should be involved next year along with Ross Corbett. The manager I’m not so sure of, I’d say Sheedy but @dodgy_keeper made valid points against that.

Daly with Alan Cunningham as coach will probably be in the running for it. Would be a decent appointment too.

1 Like

I would be disgusted if Daly got the job to be honest.

1 Like

Daly is pulling too much handy money to leave that role. He’s absolutely no interest and Davy might be gone sooner than expected.

1 Like

Agreed, the Clare job will be Dalys last.

He has it very handy with the media gigs, he’s only in the Limerick underage setups out of pure hunger for money.

1 Like

He’s pulling insane money off Limerick. Along with the media giggs he’d be foolish to take over.

An early exit from the qualifiers (unlikely I know) and Davy and his extensive backroom team could surely get the boot.

Three years of failure when you’ve players like Kelly, McGrath and co at your disposal would speak for itself. So it would.

2 Likes

Stop, fucking Irish Examiner gig is easily 50k a year, underage coach with Limerick another 50k, RTE sideline chat another 50k…probably gets a few bob off the radio stations as well along with gigs down in Cork a couple of weeks ago with Murphys.

Laughing all the way to the bank. He will manage Clare, and probably would be a good appointment for them, but we’d be mad to give him the job.

Donal Moloney will be the next Clare manager if he wants it.

Would daly not be in the running?

He was on Matt Cooper last year at one stage, previewing that weekends senior hurling championship action.

The minor hurlers, meanwhile, were just about to start a training session before a crunch knock out match. :rollseyes:

2 Likes

I heard that. He’s absolutely useless with them they are very poorly coached.

Anything could happen but he wouldn’t be close to the preferred appointment from the players or the clubs

Worst mistake we ever made was to lose Wallace.

Only if Moloney and Gerry O’Connor don’t want it. Limerick could do worse than approaching Moloney who I’m sure would love a crack at senior management.

If moloney is competent and interested in picking his own squad/team then he’ll have little interest in the Limerick job.

Why was Jerry Wallace shafted?