All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

He’s was doing a good job and not charging enough money possibly.

1 Like

It’s no coincidence what’s happened since he was removed.

I’m not sure how it worked out after the Brian Ryan fiasco he probably got burnt by that.

Only an idiot wouldn’t want Sheedy as manager of Limerick.

Line up idiots…

4 Likes

We’re are our own worst enemies.

Management is key, KK wouldn’t have all those AI’s without Cody, I see similar with Tipp under Sheedy a few years ago.

Clare did it in 13, but didn’t have to play Tipp or KK…Our County board aren’t fit for purpose.

Yes a man who left his own counties job who have a far stronger team and better all round prospects due to work is almost certainly coming to Limerick for all the right reasons you thick tipp cunt.

1 Like

He’s on The Sunday Game again now :rollseyes:

I don’t think John Kiely is the answer either pal, we’ve been there and done that with U21 managers previously it guarantees nothing. I dunno maybe you’re right but I’d be willing to give Sheedy a go…can’t be worse then our current setup anyway.

He has the AI medal from 2010 at the end of the day against an unbelievable KK team.

It’s just a coincidence he’s successful at every team he’s involved with then

Why would he come to Limerick? For one reason and one reason only. Money.

An injury ravaged Kilkenny team in fairness, he couldn’t fuck off out of dodge quickly enough after winning it. And he has been living off that victory since.

That doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be successful

Most of Gleeson’s best hurling came when the game was basically over. Kevin Moran should have got man of the match

2 Likes

Yes of course it doesn’t but signing in a lad that is only coming for the money is never a good idea and sends out all the wrong signals. It never works with the players either.

1 Like

Moran is man of the match in almost every game he plays, an absolute legend of a man, whatever about Flynn, McGrath, Browne, Brick etc it will be a travesty if Moran never gets his medal.

2 Likes

We will back TJ and Co. this year pal, imo he is doing his absolute best for Limerick hurling, but something needs to be done next year.

By the sound of it, the Limerick Co Board are not gone on Carey, Foley and or Quaid. Therein lies the problem.

If we chose poorly, we could potentially throw away the talented players coming through. Next years appointment has to be the right one.

Yeah, while he would gave a few sitting on his shoulder in Clare he would have a veritable liberty of them in limerick.

2 Likes

Yeah are 3/1 to beat tipp

Waterford look to be slightly better in my book than last year, still not the finished article. I know Clare missed a lot of frees yesterday but Waterford comfortably stepped up the gears in the 2nd half and powered home. Even in the first half, not playing particularly well, they were stopping Clare from getting easy scores and tagging on their own points.

Are Tipp better than last year? I’m not sure they are. John McGrath is a great addition to their forwards and Maher/Breen do bring dynamism to midfield, but there are still question marks there and I’d fancy Waterford to beat them.

Kilkenny are their real test, I’d say.

3 flutes.