All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

They need to find a full back or get Kelly back fit next year. O’Callaghan isn’t big enough and too raw for full back but will do fine in the corner. Three big men in the half backline as well, Barrett battled hard yesterday

I heard Kelly is still a long way off but you are right that o Callaghan lacks the physical presence for full but will make a good corner back. Its the puck out cluster fuck that needs most urgent attention.

I’m ashamed to say that part of me would welcome another capitulation in the qualifiers so we can get rid of Cunningham.

So that’s Dublin, Wexford and Limerick hurling fans all looking to be put out of their misery ASAP this year.

2 Likes

Average winning margin in the 6 championship hurling games to dare (excluding Leinster round robin). 11.5 points.
Closest game. 7 points.
Biggest margin 17 points.

Roll on the draw in October. Cork in Cork the draw for me.

Parc Uí Rínn?

That average will widen when Tipp widen limerick’s hole next week :sweat:

It’s funny what I was told about that keeper is that he has a good rep for puck outs and that’s what he was picked for. Heard he doesn’t even start for his club.

Welcome to the club by the way. I’d trade you Teege for Cunningham.

Will work not be completed by next June?

I’d seriously doubt it. Think it’s the year after

1 Like

When Tipperary beat Limerick on Sunday, it will be the same provincial final pairings in Munster and Leinster as last year and the same eight sides (Cork, Limerick, Clare, Offaly, Laois, Wexford, Westmeath and Dublin) going into the losers repechage.

1 Like

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/john-mullane-kilkenny-resume-normal-service-and-are-going-to-get-stronger-34794889.htm

Did Mullane tip Dublin to beat Kilkenny in his column last Monday?

Correct, he did the spoofer.

1 Like

He’s 29.

1-5 on your championship debut is serious going though.

Dooley was picked over Gary Maguire because his short puck out would be better. That’s pretty ironic considering Saturdays meltdown. However I would have sympathy for Dooley because Kilkenny had the short puck out sussed and going long wasn’t a viable option because all our ball winning half.forwards have been dropped off the panel.

You’re welcome to Cunningham but he won’t come cheap. The most galling thing is we are paying this charlatan to make a bollox of things. There are plenty of Dublin lads who would make a bollox of it.for.free.

1 Like

Who starts for Ballyboden?

Gary Maguire. Way better shot stopper.

You’re dead right, no long ball option against kk any keeper would struggle. Ye surely could have cobbled together a Dublin management team at this stage. In fairness Cunningham had a good rep before going to ye. Surely has to be gone after this year tho, along with the limerick and Wexford set ups.

He had no rep other than as a carpetbagger. It was an inexplicable appointment by Dublin.

11 Likes