All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Walked off the panel months ago.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/shock-as-danny-sutcliffe-set-to-pull-out-of-dublins-hurling-squad-34264213.html

And one or 2 new players. KK keep going

Naw mate, that’s just Portlaoise. It’s a shithole

2 Likes

Can limerick beat tipp next week and how

Yes, yes they can. They need to score more than Tipp.

Not a hope Joe

Limerick never feared Tipp…not a lotta people know that

@Joe_Player go fuck off for yourself

I do i know

fuck you ye are the best team

But they will not fear ye

I’ll be rooting for the cats this year. They may have a squeak.

Was yesterday really JohnJoes debut?

That’s what the experts said. I’d heard his name but have no recollection of him playing before.

I definitely recall @Big_Dan_Campbell talking about his manky grip and how it was similar to Walter Walsh. Maybe that was as a sub or in an under age game though but I was full sure it was senior.

He played league anyway, was sent off (harshly) against Dublin but recieved no ban.

I’d say Farrell has only ever played league before yesterdat. He has been on the panel a long time but aside from the last few seasons would have been doing well to make the 26 for championship let alone get a run. He is a very aggressive hurler and has a great attitude but is an extremely limited hurler who would only really be suited to grafting away in the spring.

He would make hay on a corner back who doesn’t want a physical tussle or who is might stand off him. He fairly cleaned out Oisin Gough yesterday and did the same to Paul Flanagan last year in the league. While he scored a goal and a point yesterday off his left hand side, the way he strikes the ball on that side is pretty laughable for an I/C hurler and any decent I/C corner back would have his measure pretty easily IMHO.

I actually though Dublin’s backs held up reasonably well yesterday aside from Gough and Corcoran who replaced him.

Eoin o Donnell was excellent as he has been all year for both 21s and senior

Farrell is 27 I think. Has been around for a while alright. Had played a bit in the league. Great start for him, we need more coming through.

For all his honesty and endeavor I think he’ll struggle against really good corner backs

1 Like