All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

They’ve never beat a good team in Championship hurling and you think it’s foolish to write them off?

They haven’t won a serious game in three years.

It’s hilarious. The only time they ever looked good was in their non contact games they played with Cork a few years ago and they’ve continually proved since then they can’t beat even half decent teams

1 Like

I presume you’re using the yardstick that any team which loses any championship match is shit.

Kilkenny didn’t beat a decent team in the whole of last year, so.

1 Like

No teams that lose every Championship match are shit though mate

Clare won a championship match yesterday, mate.

Yeah. But who in their right mind would have predicted a Clare v Cork AI Final pairing in 2013.

Donoghue is a nice guy, when what they needed was a cunt. But, they were never going to oust Cunningham and replace him with a cunt. Harte? FFS. And Moore and Smith are the sort of subs we have? Fuck!

2 Likes

Different situation this year. Kilkenny are still swatting aside teams with ease and Tipp are going well. Waterford and Galway are also much better teams than Clare had to face that year. It was a freak year where the stars aligned perfectly for two average teams to make the final

1 Like

But who says it can’t happen again?

I do

What you can say is that Clare do not have average hurlers, pal.

By any yardstick Clare do not have average hurlers, they have outstanding hurlers.

It’s not a stupid opinion to think that they might be on the verge of getting it together again and making a serious bid for the All-Ireland, it’s an opinion.

Tipperary barely beat a serious team in 2011, 2012, 2013 and certainly until well into 2014. In fact by your yardstick you could conceivably argue that they haven’t beaten a serious team since Liam Sheedy took over in 2008, given that there are plenty of people who say they only beat a weakened Kilkenny in 2010.

If you want to take it further, given that by this yardstick this Tipperary haven’t beaten a serious team, neither have Kilkenny. So Kilkenny are also not a serious team.

In fact by your yardstick, there are no serious teams in hurling at all.

Do you think there are any serious teams out there?

I know of one lad here who thinks exactly that.

They have outstanding hurlers like all teams and they have some lads that aren’t good enough for the standard. Also the lads you would call their outstanding hurlers are all just as likely to hurl poorly as to hurl well.

Is getting hammered by Waterford showing that they are on the verge of getting it together?

Clare have been beaten by Limerick, Cork and Wexford in the last two years so let’s get away from talking about them not beating serious teams when they can’t even beat shit teams or teams in absolute disarray.

I haven’t talked about “serious” teams at any stage in this conversation and now you’ve constructed an entire post about it. I think you’re losing your marbles mate

1 Like

Just give Liam to kk now and be done with it.any of ye thinking that any other team will beat them is clueless.

Kk won today barely getting out of 2nd gear.their bench would make any other team in Ireland and be the best players on that team.

Kk are on a different level

Limerick beat Tipperary two years in a row.

Does that mean Tipperary aren’t a serious team?

Are Waterford a serious team?

who

Again about the serious teams. Tipp have proved over the last 7 or 8 years they are at least generally there at the business end of the championship so I suppose if that fits your parameters as to what a serious side is then fair enough. Waterford are a decent team that still have a good bit to prove but it’s always a good sign of a team when they are able to dispatch of the weaker teams like Clare with ease as Waterford did a few weeks ago

1 Like

Quit picking on Clare

WE DESERVE IT CLARE ARE GOING NO WHERE http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/gaa/10332071/who-to-avoid-in-the-next-round