All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Waherford or KK will be 2016 AI champtions i reakon

1 Like

Aye, ye’ll win fuckall, SF maybe. but ye could give us a hiding if ye draw us

i am done wiith clare 8.30 raido 1

Clare have all the ability and more, to win this AI. Don’t think they will though. Not sure they’re mentally strong enough. Too many of them went missing when Waterford grabbed the game in the second half. They won’t blow every team out of the water and if they have to dig one out along the way, then the Waterford game wouldn’t fill you with confidence.

A semi

Give it a few tugs.

1 Like

The Waterford defeat was a complete systems failure. They completely over thought how they would play and it didn’t work and just lead to muddled up thinking on the pitch. Too much training and not enough coaching in the lead up to the game and bizarre tactics and man marking which Waterford exploited with Tony Kelly and David Reidy spending far too much time playing back in their own 40 and injured players on the pitch off the pace.

While it is easy to dismiss Clare it also needs to be remembered that last year Fergal Lynch was the hurling coach and Kelvin Harold, a chap in his twenties with no real experience with hurling teams over the physical preparation over the side and nobody in the set up to question or play devils advocate with the manager. We were as poorly prepared I/c team as you will see last year.

Now Cork or Limerick could well beat us next week but I would be very surprised if they did. I think O’Brien, Cleary and Reidy are all big improvements on an out of form O’Donovan, Donnellan and Golden from the 2015 team while I think an in form Aaron Shanagher is a big upgrade on Honan as he is far more aggressive and strong in the air.

The big question with Clare is whether Davy will strip back the straight jacket tactics and let them hurl with a bit more abandon. I would expect their hurling and fitness to be much improved on last year when we died late on against Cork where she terrible changes on the line also led to our downfall.

Clare could be anything this year but if they get over next week I’d say there will be a big q/f performance in them.

4 Likes

To be fair we are the best in the draw

1 Like

I am coming out of my self imposed exile to comment on the last few posts.
There is a lot of talk on here about serious teams versus non seious teams. First and foremost anyone of division 1a plus limerick and Welford in division 1b who do not have ambitions of climbing the Hogan Stand in September cannot be considered a serious team. That is not necessarily saying they have the ability but the ambition must be there.
This championship has been the worst in ten years. The best being thrown 50 minutes we got between Kilkenny and Galway today.
We now have four teams heading for probably Thurles next Saturday evening. What must not be forgotten is that all four exited their provincial championship with a whimper.
There fore considering their first round exits not one of them can consider themselves contenders until they win at least at quarter final. The question now is who has learned the most from their endeavours so far this year. That is a question that will only be answered in part next weekend. The real answer will be given on the 24th.
On a wider view there is a lot of talk about who is better then who etc etc.
Tipperare have been the only team that have been anyway consistent in trying to curb Kilkennys dominance in the last 10 years.
Waterford seemed to be the only team that have taken the lessons learned from last year abound have built on this.
Limerick have regressed to the point where a defeat next week would be more of a relief then a victory would. That in itself is very hard to stomach as once again it looks like another generation could be left wondering what could have been.
Clare at least have got one AI out of this generation. There is a lot of talk about that being about once off.
It’s funny, I was sitting just above Brian Codes dugout for the league semi final and watched for his reaction abouts Clare took them apart. He stood there with his arms folded and was even laughing at one stage.
Today told us where his ambitions lie. Next Saturday will tell us where the abouts bit ions of Clare, Limerick, Cork and Welford are

6 Likes

Davy is holding that team back by fucking around with systems and plans and trying to be clever for clever’s sake… The fact that they will only have 5 days to prepare is a good thing. Clare in form and big players motoring would rattle any team…Not sure if they have enough to win it out. If they could keep Galvin on the straight and narrow and keep McInerney fit I’d fancy them for a semi at least.

1 Like

obviously teams have the intention of winning it otherwise they wouldnt be dragging their county boards further into a spiral of never ending debt, but there’s only two teams who can realistically win it, unless waterford show something they haven’t revealed yet.

Stop, pal. We haven’t a hope…thanks tho.

On the evidence so far in the championship, Waterford are the only ones who have made any progress in closing the gap. We’ll know more about that come 5.30 next Sunday

Fucking predictive text messaging

1 Like

Since when did Limerick supporters become such a shower of pussys that we are afraid of fucking clare. People on here afraid of a hiding off clare. Fucking clare. Fuck right off the lot of ye. We are capable of beating all 3 of them teams next week even with the incompetent fool tj in charge. Any fucking Limerick team that lies down against those redneck, fiddle playing fuckers doesnt deserve to wear jersey. I hope we get Clare. We will find out which players are made of the right stuff and which are not.

4 Likes

Believe it or not, Clare are the one team I would give us a better chance of beating next week.

Fuck off you cunt.

Go rob a wallet you waister

2 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Why did you exile yourself, Mike?