Alliance Football League 2019

You spent half of last year on here blaming Kevin Walsh for the poor displays of Shane Walsh and lambasting Tom Flynn.

Kevin Walsh has done a very good job with Galway.

Niall Morgan is clutch.

I must start a thread listing people who are clutch.

I imagine Morgan would be the first name on it.

Meath won this 2-13 to 0-13.

Is something finally beginning to stir in the Royal County?

They’ve had a decent start to the league - probably been the best team in Division 2 so far.

No i didn’t and in fairness to Tom Flynn he improved a little last year but he doesn’t even stand out for his club team who are poor.
Kevin Walsh can’t do anything else with Galway the way he sets up his team etc,he’s way too defence minded.he would probably suit a team up your neck of the woods because that’s the shit ye seem to like.
As i said you would do very well to find a Galway person that thinks he’s the man to bring them forward.end off…

I think he steadied the ship well,but most folk i suspect woukd rather watch galway go down all guns blazing than grimly clinging on

It’s horrible to watch fatty, especially when there’s a few quality footballer’s in the squad,propper ballers…

1 Like

Was Kevin Walsh to blame for Flynn being a shit player last year too or maybe it’s to do with the players themselves. Flynn is now absolutely vital to Galway, maybe Kevin Walsh deserves a bit of credit for sticking with him and for his development as a player?

I look at someone like Diarmuid O’Connor, who is a fantastic player and very similar to Walsh. Even though O’Connor is a few years younger and probably doesn’t have the same level of talent, he has shown far more at senior intercounty level. He’s a leader, maybe Shane Walsh is becoming one for Galway now, but up until now he has been anonymous in many big games and that’s got nothing to do with management.

But Galway don’t have the defenders, nearly every county with the exception of Mayo have all played a similar style of football in recent years. Fitzmaurice bent the knee to the Kerry public last year and played a far less conservative style of football, they went out in the Super 8s.

The chasing pack all play the style of football that makes the most of what they have got, they have all got shortcomings in various areas and I don’t see any of them being good enough to beat Dublin in the summer, but it’s all on the day.

That doesn’t look promising for Tyrone

Meath look in a very strong position to go up as Donegal, Tipp and Armagh are now out of their way, you’d expect them to beat both Cork and Fermanagh and that will have them in command.

Are cork gone back that much?

Yes. I would say they are comfortably the worst team in Div 2.

I thought they looked clueless when we beat them last year, and they were worse again today.

Marty Scully got a straight red against Sligo last Sunday, for what looked at the time like an innocuous enough showlder. It was fairly flat out coming together of the two lads, but even still the referee made a fuck of it. Thankfully it didn’t matter as Sligo are shite and Laois had them for dinner.

Anyhoo, the red card was rescinded earlier today. This was the coming together.

I hereby decree that between this cunt, and that Carthage Buckley cunt, no Offaly cunt should ever be allowed referee a Laois game again.

looks like a clash of heads after a clean shoulder hit?

2 Likes

High quality game in Omagh here.

McManus with a magical point there.

Pitch in croker seems to be ripping up in patches