Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

Neutral view, it was a great, but odd game. Tipp were better in most areas for most of the game. Kk had tj and hogan, but only four scorers is poor.
Tipp had most of the breaks, and most of the decisions go against them.
I doubt the result means much to either side long term tbh.
Kk still looking beatable, (I qualify this by saying that they will start favourite against most teams, but they don’t have that fear factor, and I think any of the top six or seven might beat them, and won’t go in paralysed by fear)
Kk still have the workrate, still have the cody factor, and still seem to have the benefit of the refereeing decisions in most games. They still have tj and hogan.
Whether this will be enough in the summer against Tipp or Waterford, I’m not so sure.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Having thought about last nights game as I was out in the car, I have come to the conclusion that it was a good indicator of how far and how fast Kilkenny have fallen that the treat a draw in a league game in March against Tipperary like it was a championship victory. It’s positively Waterford and Wexfordesque to be so delighted to avoid a hammering.

6 Likes

Agreed, the amount of yelping around Semple Stadium at the full time whistle and cries of “we’re not gone anywhere” was funny.
Last year Tipp led for most of the match, KK got two late goals to win, didn’t matter in September.
It will still take a good team to beat them come Championship time all the same.

2 Likes

When you notice that Kilkenny have a good goalkeeper that’s another sign. Ten years ago they didn’t need a keeper except for pucking out the ball.

TJ Reid is 30 this year, Richie Hogan is 29. That’s how long Kilkenny have left. Tick fucking tock.

5 Likes

Michael Ryan must be pretty happy with how things stand tbh. Medium levels of over confidence in the supporters tapered.

Looking at the starting 15 & subs used it was great to get such a spread of scorers firstly & to blood squad players in a game like last nights.

The fringe players have got good game time to stake claims for the starting 15 or the bench.

Mooney in goal has been doing well up to last night where standing still for 2 pens being the only real blemish so far.
Donagh Maher has put Michael Cahills spot under serious pressure. Tomas Hamill and Seamus Kennedy are neck & neck for wing back spot.
Midfield sees Bergin & Breen to the fore to partner B Maher but Curran did ok last night tbf.
Half forward line is where the fun starts as N McGrath, Bonnar & McCormack have O’Meara, Forde & bolter S O’Brien all pushing very hard for starting roles.
IMO, the inside line will pick itself with Bubbles, Seamie & J McGrath.

Look at cameos from Joe O’Dwyer & A McCormack positively, while maybe John O’Keeffe last night the only fringe player to struggle but it was against KK tbf.

O’Keeffe is not up to it.

I thought O’Keefe hurled well last night, particularly the 2nd half. Haven’t watched it on tv yet.

Joe O’Dwyer broke his hand against Clare. Very unfortunate with injuries.

Balls. He had done well.

They were lucky to come away with a draw last night and that was KK giving it everything. We won’t get within an asses roar of them if we meet later on in the year

The Cork game is on TV? Think we are going to get hammered, the bigger our opponents the worse things go. Fancy Waterford by 10.

No Clare-Dublin is on

1 Like

Deferred showing on TG4.

Shall I post updates or not then? As its deferred.

Don’t

Clare have started reasonably well but haven’t many scores to show for it.

Clare 0-5 Dublin 0-3

Cian Dillon is giving Ryan O Dwyer some roasting