Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

Ye were nailed on to do the 2 in a row before tonight cos “Kilkenny are finished” admittedly by more lads outside Tipp than inside, tonight gives the championship some hope

Nice to see a hurling post on the thread after a flurry of posts from rugby football loving west brits commenting without irony about Irish nationhood. :thumbsup: :laughing: :shamrock:

Excellent game (for the time of year) and Kilkenny showed a lot of character to come back from 8 points down to make it such a captivating contest. But Tipperary would have won that by 6 or 7 points in the ordinary course of things.

A piece of brain dead defending to give up the first penalty. The second one came from a lucky enough break with Hogan’s point attempt rebounding off the post and falling nicely for Blanchfield.

Tipperary missed a load of chances too and they’d usually have tagged on an extra 1-4 or so from those.

Some of the less established defenders struggled a bit though.

3 Likes

That game is a perfect result for both KK and Tipp.

Both Cody and Ryan will sleep well tonight.

The games tomorrow now are crucial

All the games in 1A are crucial…the 1A league format is actually excellent.

2 Likes

Fabulous game , great pace to it and both teams lacking a bit of sharpness . Really enjoyed .

1 Like

Ronny was fair excited throughout. He was on the verge of a heartattack towards the end

Correct me if I’m wrong but did KK start with 11 of the AI team?
Skill levels unreal from both teams at times, lads get too worked up about the league, sure Clare even won it last year.

What the fuck are you on about?

“GAA people” routinely moan about club matches being played on winter pitches yet they never moan about an infinitely superior competition like the National Hurling League being played on such pitches. Strange, that.

Relegate the county championships to February and March and late winter pitches befitting their lower status, and the summer decks will be cleared for the sumptuous inter-county feasts that the people want.

GAA people moan that club players get very few games during the summer because it breaks up the championship a lot. In Tipp for example clubs will play three championship games in quick succession before the start of the intercounty championships and then they might play two games if they’re lucky from the end of May to the second weekend in September, and Tipp isn’t by any means the worst for this. A lot of counties completely stop the club championship during the summer. Two games in more than three months in the middle of the championship is what they complain about rather than wanting to play all the club games in brilliant weather on brilliant pitches

just watched it there, savage game

Very important for KK to put in a big performance and not ship a heavy defeat tonight and they went all out to prevent that. Don’t think it’ll be as close if they meet later on in the year.

1 Like

So play the club championships in the winter.

When the inter-county players currently have to play.

Kilkenny hurling is back. :clap:

great to finally see them competitive again, they’ve been in the doldrums for some time now. three weeks i make it.

4 Likes

+1 mate. Only beating that Cork team by 8 points was shameful.

Two of those lads are just out of Minor and the other two haven’t even played this year.

Who’s ‘Twinkle’?*

*please note that when I find out I will use the term as if I was the one who gave him that nickname

Paddy Deegan I think