Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

I think it’s perfect. It’s a warm up competition for the AI and the current format is perfect for that as most teams can target a game in April when the ground is hardening up in prep for their first round championship game.

Agree Teams are where the belong but clare are going back to 1B??

One performance against Tipperary doesn’t mean anything! Take hogan, Reid and Eoin Murphy out of that KK team and they don’t have much, Wally won’t hit as many pints again as what he did last night! KK would want to hope hogan or tj don’t pick up any injuries or else they are in bother. Without Reid in the first half Tipp would have been out of site before half time. A bit of a reality check here.

1 Like

Tipp are the only team too good for 1B, the top 3 from 1B could survive in 1A.

The league works very well alright. Absolutely no need to change anything, the relegation makes it interesting.

WILL YOU COP ON

1 Like

True in the main . Pity Laois and Offaly aren’t better .

Yep and that post could very well bite him in the ass in the near future

The current format is the best compared to any alternatives. Division one is cutthroat while division two throws up some mismatches there are three decent sides in it and the other three get games against sides of a similar level.

We had two 8 team divisions back from 2008 to 2011 and the second tier was awful with two teams miles clear of the rest. With Wexford up next year and one of Dublin/Kilkenny down then 1b should be tight again next year. An eight team division one would cut the 9th placed team in the country (currently Limerick) in a division with no real competition.

Leave the league well alone it is the best format we have had in quite some time.

4 Likes

What decade?

@ChocolateMice and @backinatracksuit looking for a free ride make it simple for them :joy:

1 Like

I’m not getting your drift here Joe?

Sorry your from cork ye are in 1A unlike limerick

I can’t see how it would have any impact on me at all to be honest.

1 Like

Its a great league i hope no one fucks around with it

Agree the 6 team format is best, the relegation playoff game is a joke however imo. If you finish last after playing 5 games, you should go down, just as if you finish first in 1B you go up.

1 Like

Agreed and I would have no issue if 5th in 1a and second in 1b play off instead to give a second team at least a shot at promotion

3 Likes

So how is Cunningham doing now. All things considered?

AGREE i mean Galway were ROBBED

There was a couple of reality checks handed out this weekend. Overall it was a great weekend for hurling, great to see the real traditional counties like Kilkenny, Tipp, Cork and Wexford confirming their places at the top table of hurling once again. You can’t bate tradition

4 Likes

:smile: