Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

Not good. Just one of the players he jettisoned (Paul Ryan) would have won us that match today.

People will say that Cunningham is giving youth a chance but he sort of has to, as he has fallen out with everyone else. He is also treating some of the young lads pretty harshly e.g Donal Burke gets subbed before halftime after missing a handy free. Cian O Sullivan put on to mark a rampant Brendan Bugler. He wins a free then makes a mistake and is whipped back off again. He wasn’t on the pitch 10 mins.

To summarise, Ger is still well out of his depth.

6 Likes

:joy:

Or he has lads willing to break their bollix. Did he fall out or dis they not meet the standards.

Word is, good word, a few of the regulars that stayed now see it and that he was right.

You see i have always believed Dubs believed a bit of their own crap re:hurling and the hinger was lacking in some players who were happy to be above mediocre and county players.

Not saying Cunningham is a great manager. He is still a coach trying to learn in the job no doubt. But for whatever his failings i believe some dublin players match it with a touch of laziness and/or delusionment.

Its mad to say “if so and so was there”. When they left the panel. Its a choice. So they are not there. He may be a transient coach, but when he is gone they may actually see what he is doing. The CB support would suggest there was a plan too.

:rollseyes:

Highlights now on RTÉ 2.

Of course the cunt has a plan. A plan to bleed as much money out of us as is humanely possible.

I’ve had this out with you before. We are not going to agree on it but I predict Cunningham will never get a serious management job after he is finished conning us. Also maybe ask the UCC lads what they think of his management skills.

5 Likes

They certainly thought he was a spoofer in Ballygunner.

2 Likes

The 1st penalty was of the soft variety. James Owens loves giving penalties to KK in Thurles.

1 Like

Was Noel Connors wearing #4 today?

He’s bet into that jersey.

1 Like

:joy:

“If ye didn’t have the players they ye have…”

What sort of waffle is that?

You’ve taken this beating really badly

Maurice Shanahan is a bit of an eejit.

Always a trampish element to the waterford players

That and the poor mouth.

Great league this. Very competitive.

Shite crowd in ennis today though.

We had the same issue with Justin. It’s easy to say “we need a clear out and to blood youngsters” but that can be a cop out when a terrible man manager alienates some of the most experienced and long serving stalwarts in the panel.

Cunningham, like McCarthy, will eventually walk away and not give Dublin hurling a second thought having no doubt been well compensated for his stint. And having overseen a turbulent reign.

Meanwhile the next manager is left to pick up the pieces and heal the divides that the previous incumbent created.

5 Likes

Possibly, but it was definitely a stupid challenge

I thought they were both fouls.

Maurice gave yer man a belt of the Hurley and a knee in the nuts and then complained about being sent off despite being on a yellow at the time

6 Likes

I was listening to it in the car only did Dan get stuck in as well?