Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

The pitch in Waterford is shocking. McLoughlin completely lost Bennett for the goal. Good to see Spillane put someone on their hole (legitimally), Cooper did it last week as well.

The penalties were absolute beauts.
Not much point diving when the ball is past you.
Tj reids first goal was as good a score as any you’ll ever see. He is one of the greatest to ever play the game.

2 Likes

I didn’t spot a belt of the Hurley on the telly, saw Maurice raise his knee a little but it didn’t seem to be nuts he caught. Pity to see that from a young lad like Brosnan but it’s part of the game now.
Didn’t affect the result though.

No. we were beaten out the gate at that stage anyway.

That’s some dumb shit if true.

Heavy training on the day of the match, no surprise with the result. It’ll pay off for your come championship.

Hard to argue with his logic tbf.

That could be just a story.

Derek has them second guessing though. Wonderful management. I’d say he’s sniggering away to himself as he reads the online forums this morning.

Fora

Hope he’s not reading online fora when he’s supposed to be teaching children their leaving cert English. Derek has to get up for work too, you know.

I would have expected he was doing it as he drove to work, or perhaps during a free period later this morning.

He’ll be far too busy trying to figure out how he can wedge a few big words into his upcoming interviews pondering its all going wrong and whether it’s his fault or the monks above in Mellary etc.

1 Like

As usual with the gaa nobody seems to have a definative answer on relegation from 1A as we head towards the final round. Is it a play off or do the bottom team go down? A number of people are reporting that it is the latter and that was my understanding earlier in the year as well but when the league started it was reported that there would be a play off between the bottom two.

He has you all exactly where he wants you

Play off in Walsh Park between Dublin and Waterford.

Your getting some mileage out of the Mellery story to be fair

I know Ya, someone would want to tell the Waterford GAA public, there’s lads going around today wondering who to ask for refunds for yesterday’s performance :grin::grin: McGrath is only a step away from a meeting being held in the Ramada hotel in Waterford. Michael Ghryan is being mentioned as an alternative today

1 Like

Has Derek not taken a sabbatical to focus on bringing an all Ireland back to Waterford! Was it eoin Kelly or mullane or some of that vintage who refused to work so they could focus on hurling. Professional like. And they still couldn’t win one :joy:

I thought a match was supposed to be better than any training session

Both and they kept it up when they finished hurling too