Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

Wexford are just not box office, mate.

1 Like

They are actually good mates

1 Like

Wexford are the very definition of box office

1 Like

Who are Wexford playing the first round? Are they in that round robin thing with Laois and Westmeath?

1 Like

We play a round robin team in a quarter final and the winner plays Kilkenny.

Yeah, their round robin game will be widely anticipated.

1 Like

We’re not in the round robin, dumbass.

1 Like

The Round Robin is getting a lot of reference on here of late, it truly is box office.

1 Like

I’d tip Wexford for that one

Agreed.

I know a lot of Limerick people would talk about moving it to an 8-team top tier, or even a 10/12 team top division with two groups but both of those options would be inferior to the current format. The 8-team top division would make the 2nd tier woeful and the other would just mean there are handy games for a lot of the top teams to go in 2nd gear. The current format is best and, as you say, if any change should be made it’s a playoff between 2nd in 1B & 5th in 1A.

1 Like

I don’t understand the need for quarter finals in the present league set up. Other than that its good

The quarter-finals are a bit silly, I mean it’s a ridiculous format, but it means everybody gets an extra game in a knockout format.

Which is also the reason as to why the relegation playoff won’t be changed.

I think the q/fs were a fig leaf to keep the 1 b teams happy . The last 2 winners of the League were 1b winners . It gives them another game.

Waterford had a 90 minute training session Sunday morning, would explain the result.

That’s just fucking stupid.

Is that a fact ??

Yeah but you’ve got failing eyesight.

A lad in our club always said there was no point in diving for the ones you weren’t going to save.

Unless you’re the second choice keeper and want to make some impression. A late despairing dive is better optics than standing there with your thumb up your hole.

1 Like

All of this weekend’s games are below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWtmvdpKPIw2wjZLa32yiUQ