Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

Beautiful collusion between Conlan and the full back there, perfection of a blind hit. Some dose.

How that was a free out is beyond me.

THAT REF :rage: ALL Day but its our own doing

1 Like

Well he did clothesline Coughlan, unknowingly or not.

Saw the last 20 mins from Ennis on TG4 there.

Fair play to both sides. They all have to get up for work in the morning - bar Derek McGrath.

10 Likes

Good man management from Ger Cunningham there to basically blame that defeat to Kilkenny in Parnell Park on Gary Maguire and his sending off.

1 Like

it was our own doing

Gobshite, half them are students

They all have to get up tomorrow afternoon.

7 Likes

Highlights tonight??

Allianz League Sunday on RTE 2 at 9.30pm.

2 Likes

Thanks pal.

Very entertaining game in Parnell Park today but did lack a bit of class, with both teams making mistakes. Ger Cunningham will be relatively happy with his side I reckon. Gary Maguire sending off just before half time for a wild pull was the turning point. Up until then Dublin were the better side and should have went into half time a few points up but for some wayward shooting.
After the sending off Dublin put up a brave show but Kilkenny always looked comfortable enough. For KK Jason Cleere was probably our best back, along with Conor Fogerty. Up front Conor Martin seems to be a good find and hit 1-4 I think. Wally worked hard and broke a lot of ball, while TJ was also very good. Richie Hogan never really got involved and was taken off at a very important stage of the game, which seemed strange as he wasn’t the worst of our forwards.
For Dublin Chris Crumey, Barrett at corner back and up front Donal Burke seems to be a real talent. Scored 1-7 or 1-8 I’d say. Looked dangerous every time he got the ball. Hard to believe he’s only 18.

Leinster championship is going to be extremely competitive. First time I will be looking forward to it in a long time.

5 Likes

Good report. Conor Martin was marking a very poor corner back in Fionn O Rian Broin but he was impressive all the same. I still feel Kilkenny would have won without the sending off. Hogan over elaborated on a couple of balls and got whipped off. Looked like Cody teaching him a lesson

1 Like

I actually thought that’s what he was doing myself. Richie did not look happy walking passed him. There was no eye contact

A fucking joke alright, after the crackers that’ve already been served up by the NHL

Fionn O Rian Broin? Plays with Craobh Chiarain I assume?

2 Likes

Doubt Davey was to happy with that draw. He was very happy to wait in the long grass down in Wexford Park for the Leinster Semi final.

Promotion assured now which was the aim. A chance to try a few things and send a few hatchet men out to do damage ahead of the championship. I’d expect KK to win by 10-12 points.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but what the absolute fuck was Gary Maguire thinking?

A two-handed pull across the chest of an opposition player? Why would you do that? He didn’t even stop him scoring the goal… a one-handed flick and you might get away with a yellow card. If you rugby tackle him to the ground, you get a yellow and he doesn’t score. Absolute idiocy.

2 Likes