Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

Clare are finished pal i am sick of saying this but its true

Well done Cork

2 Likes

Thanks Joe, no need for the panic button yet.

Tis only February.

1 Like

Stop saying it so Joe, you’re only upsetting yourself at this stage.

1 Like

:joy::joy: ye are going no where as well

1 Like

Mortified for ya joe. What happened?

How did the five U-21s go for Cork?

the whipping boys of Munster.

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

Kingston got a few nice scores. Drifted in and out if game. Will be huge addition when gets motoring

Coleman was good very confident. Defended well. Wasted a bit of the ball he won

Who were other 3

1 Like

Griffin, Fitzgibbon and Meade.

Griffin wasn’t great
Meade got couple of classy scores definitely worthe another look
Fitzgibbon wasn’t on the ball much

Oh yeah.

Hoggy was a joke. He got one lovely point with few mins to go when game was done. Not sure if he had ball in hand twice before that. He didn’t break a sweat. Joke they didn’t take him off. If they won’t sub him now when will they ever

2 Likes

Ah here Joe, you know as well as I do that Wexford are the real deal, the biggest show in town, we have Davy, we’re showbiz baby.

He’s a great freetaker and has the hurling…does seem to be second to every 50/50 ball against a decent full back lately.

Richie roasted him a couple of weeka ago…An auld lad from Midleton who was sitting beside me was v frustrated with him that day to put it mildly.

He’s capable of more.

That’s the biggest understatement possible. He’s the most talented hurler in the county but he is a lazy bollox. A traffic cone planked up there would be more effective at stopping the ball coming back out.

His contribution from open play is pathetic

2 Likes

I’d still give him the benefit of doubt for this year.

As you say he has the talent.

It’s not just this year though. He’s been the same for three or four years. In 2013 a wonder point should have won the AI for us but he hadn’t don’t anything before that

Can an average team carry an absolute luxury forward? Corks work rate been v poor last few years and hard to drill that into a side when your star player is the biggest culprit

Doesn’t matter anyways he will start (and finish) come hell or high water.

You can make an argument that it’s plausible to keep him on the team for his frees alone…he’s an excellent penalty and 21 free-taker.

V similar debates are endemic in Limerick unfortunately…in Corks case tonight though the ball into the forwards particularly the corner forwards was v good.

I didn’t see the match tonight, but the result went as predicted. Cork are way ahead of Clare fitness-wise, hurling-wise and organisation-wise at this point in time. Clare won’t want to get relegated but they don’t need to be at that level yet; they’ve got the core of a good team but need to work on the chronic problem of not having ballwinners in the forward line and it would appear that’s what they’re working towards. They’re testing players, and tbh, I’m not sure who they’ll turn to.

But once their hurling sharpens up, the system will work better and Clare will be way ahead of Cork come Championship. I rate Moloney very highly as a manager. I know they won an AI in 2013 but I’m not quite sure Clare have the right balance of hurlers necessary to win one in 2017. I definitely think we can beat them in June if we get our preparations right.

2 Likes