Allianz Hurling League 2017 Division 1A Thread

Are the LImerick boys on the lash again?

In fairness to Dunne, he’d assembled a team for Davy in the same way as Nigel Pearson did Claudio.

We’re on 25/1 now though so I haven’t bother to back us.

I wouldn’t back us at 2500/1. Tipp will destroy us.

They will in their hole. Shaun Murphy is made for that sweeper system and we’ve a decent bit of confidence and momentum. And we’re fit.

We’ll struggle to win but I don’t think we’ll be destroyed.

1 Like

I meant in Croke Park in September obviously

Ye probably won’t get destroyed but Tipp are very good at playing against sweepers

Have physicality and ball winners. Perfect combo to defuse mass defence or anything like it.

And a lot of lads who can score from out the field

Terra they won’t

Yes exactly, thats a good point and important 3rd part of that triangle.

Most of the time, unless some crazy bastard is in charge making a balls of it, a big skillful team will beat a smaller skillful team. Tipp have size, atgleticosm and loads of hurling.

Ya they are in good nick alright.

We’re rightly fucked so

5 Likes

Its the inbreeding, its probably not airborne.

Derek nearly had a conniption there yesterday when he realized the second string weren’t going to be experienced enough to throw the game and he had to throw on all the old heads to get the job done.

11 Likes

I wouldnt have thought they have got very big to be honest. Most of the bigger lads, Ryan, Hanlon, Chin etc were always big and strong. They are definitely fitter for this time of year, but they have been putting in a serious amount of work since before Christmas, something which has been often mentioned on here about them. They have certainly targeted the league though, which long term we’ll have to see if it was the right way to do it or not.

2 Likes

I think generally it is in your 1st season. A winning habit needs to be developed.
Look at Dublin, they have been particularly below form for quite a while now but still win/draw every game.
Mind you the real trick with Davy is 2nd season when your brownie points/initial effect of pure organisation and fitness wears off and the probable injuries/fall outs. How do clubs view him?

2 Likes

There are no issues with clubs at the moment anyway as there has been nothing to have an issue with. ONce championship hits, thats when problems generally start. Last year (or the year before I think) there was a championship weekend completely removed to facilitate 2 challenge games for the senior hurlers and footballers which was a complete joke. Thats the kind of shit that annoys players and ended up with the fixtures planner resigning over it (who is now the county chairman).

1 Like

One would assume he broached this with Davy at the start.
You are right though, in Waterford if i am recalling correctly he caused serious hassle in that regard. Not too sure about Clare tbh.

Just watched Kk/Wexford there, great to see the powder pissers beaten. Wexford were 12-15 points the better team. Davy :clap:

the only issue over the chairman, was the outgoing chairman appointed Banty and Davy. There was massive financial and other promises made to get them in, so it may not be entirely rosy as things go on if the original promises cant be met. We’ll see.