Allianz Hurling League 2019

:smile:

I expect Clare, Cork and Waterford to progress from Munster.

1 Like

The PM’s will be flying if that happens.

Sorry this only concerns people who actually attend games not overweight slap heads with hairy backs who sit on their couch every weekend. Looking forward to your roll eyes reply!

2 Likes

This would have you itching for championship. I’ve a wedding 3pm in London on the Sunday of the cork game :tired_face:

Someone getting married on a Sunday, wtf?

Is that one of those humanist things?

It’s England innit?

Reception down the Queen Vic after bruv

Be over at 9 sure

Clare, Cork and Limerick would be my three picks to qualify from Munster.

2 Likes

Based on last years championship they would be the form teams but there will be a surprise and especially with teams like Tipp and Waterford being the other two. Leinster, while being easier than Munster will be harder to negotiate this year and Dublin could quiet possibly unseat one of the current top three.

Think Waterford look much improved now that the man who tried to destroy hurling is gone. They’ll be “hard bet”, as they might say in Waterford.

A real pain is having the Munster Final and Leinster Final on the same day. The Leinster Final getting main billing (the 4pm slot) once again. :rage:

Waterford will walk it.

Four weeks ago limerick were going to beat the shit of All and sundry this year .

Now it’s waterford .

Over the last decade and more The winner of the Munster final generally bombs next day . It is increasingly becoming a nostalgic irrelevance .

We are looking for some long grass

Limerick, Cork and Waterford to come out of Munster
Galway, Kilkenny and Dublin from Leinster
Limerick to beat Cork in the All Ireland final

I would be leaning towards Clare, Limerick and Cork simply for the fact that all three are relatively settled sides which have management in place a number of seasons which should stand to them while Waterford and Tipp may well need a few games to find their feet.

I wouldn’t read anything into league form whatsoever. This time last year Tipp pretty much strolled into the league semi finals and gave gametime to a large amount of players and looked like worthy all ireland favorites. Things don’t long be changing and league form, especially without relegation this year would be a very patchy indicator.

The draw does seem to be slightly against Clare and Limerick this year. Clare had the ideal draw last year in relation to rest but Cusack Park is a tough place to go and is worth a few points to us. Walsh Park should be the same for Waterford.

Dublin are the side who seem to be trending upward the most going from last summer and this spring and it looks like there will be a decent battle in Leinster this year for the top three as well. Wexford at home in round 2 and it is Wexford’s first game will be one they will target. they have Galway in Parnell Park in round 5 and Galway could well already be in a Leinster final by then. I’d be surprised if they could beat Kilkenny in Nowlan Park despite how average Kilkenny are.

It really will be interesting. At this point, it’s hard to say but I do think Waterford are looking good and definitely have some very talented players. You’d imagine Walsh Park will be a very tough place to go too.

Surely Tipp can’t be as bad either, even if they haven’t impressed in the League.

We’re looking good right now but if we were to lose that first game, it’d put serious pressure on us the way the schedule is.