Allianz Hurling League 2019

I think the new system suits Clare hugely insofar as they seem almost unbeatable in that shit kip called Cusack Park. Honestly I don’t know are they improving at all really and seem to be a bit short in some defensive positions but I reckon they’ll win their two home games and could get something from the Gaelic Grounds which is their second home. That’s them through.

Waterford are revitalised and are a young hungry side with a lot of very good hurlers. They don’t have a proven pedigree in Walsh Park, they seem to lose as many games down there as they win, certainly nothing like the record Clare have in Ennis. So I don’t think they’re garaunteed to win those games. However I reckon they’ll beat Tipp and Cork away. One result of any sort in their home games and they’re through.

Limerick have been motoring along nicely and will be delighted with the league, as perfect mix really. Think we’ll beat Cork at home. Would be hoping we’ll beat Waterford away too. Clare will be close one as it always is, and Tipp away on the 3rd week. Tough but I reckon we’ll get a result out of one those games to get through.

I think Cork and Tipp are fucked. Tipp going back to the likes of James Barry not a good sign at all. They’ve the best draw in the way of rest but I can’t see them beating Waterford as things stand and don’t see them beating Clare in Ennis. Their opening game v Cork is vital. Loser of that is fucked I think. Cork don’t seem to be progressing either to be honest. Going round in circles.

Limerick, Clare Waterford to progress.

Same as last year for Limerick. Absolutely imperative to win the first game, which once more is at home. Gather some momentum and should pick up enough points from the last three games to get through.

Lose to Cork, though, and I reckon we won’t get out of Munster. If beaten would need to win at least two of the last three, two of which are away from home. Will be facing a Tipp team after a two week break on what will be Limerick’s third consecutive week too.

2 Likes

Cork, Tipp and Limerick will be the three IMO but it’s a tough call,
Waterford flavour of the month around here

1 Like

I cannot see Clare beat Limerick in Limerick. Limerick will be too highly motivated for that game to right the record of last year, especially at home.

1 Like

Clare have had our number for a while now. On current form I’d fancy us but it’s a tough one and I’d rather not be facing thurles on the last day facing a fresh Tipp team while we’re on our third week on the spin needing a win.

I’ll go Limerick, Cork and Waterford to progress

Cork and Tipp to advance in Munster. With the winner of the Limerick, Clare game. I’m going to say Clare for that one. Waterford will struggle come the summer. Everyone else is only shadow boxing at the minute.

1 Like

Waterford, Clare and Cork to come out of Munster … Limerick will be caught cold the first day against Cork team with a game under their belt … they will also lose away to Waterford and draw with Clare.

Waterford will win Munster v Cork and go on to win the AI …Clare will finish third and be beaten by KK in a QF.

AI Semi finals - Waterford v KK - Galway v Cork

AIF - Waterford v Galway

Waterford.

1 Like

Based on what? Last year’s championship game was an aberration. When we played them in the league in Ennis in a game they needed to win and that had no impact on our outcome they barely managed a draw. We will bate them back across the border with their own banjos.

In order of draw-handiness, I’d say it’s as follows:

Cork
Tipperary
Waterford
Limerick
Clare

Clare have a three week gap after their first game and then three on the trot; their two home games are against Tipp and Cork, neither of whom, imo, will give too much of a shit where the game is played, especially Cork who seem to beat Clare most of the time anyways.

Cork have the handiest run - their away games are against:

• Clare (as above), knackered, on their third game on the trot
  • Limerick (PnaG is not really a “fortress”), cold, on their first.

The hardest team I’d have to call, performance wise, is Tipp. Ultimately, I think a reliance on lads who have been on the road so long will cost them in an absolute cauldron of a last round game against a Limerick team refusing to die in Tom Mordor’s Field. It’ll be epic.

So:
Munster Final: Cork , Waterford
Third-place qualifiers: Limerick
Also appearing: Tipperary, Clare

1 Like

I think the playing all the games on the trot is a bit overplayed as an excuse. Tipp’s most complete performance last year was the last game of the four in a row against Clare

Ah it’s not the be all and end all, but I think it has to be a factor. Mentally and physically draining, as much from the combination of potential injuries and suspensions as anything else. Tipp were fighting for survival at that stage which must have added a kick.

Right now I’m leaning towards Clare, Limerick and Tipperary. I’m not sure where the faith in Cork is coming from. They look similar to us form wise. Yes, league is a load of bollox. So it’ll probably be Cork, Tipp and Waterford.

They’ve won three in a row against us in championship. So based on that

Clare didn’t “ need to win “ the Ennis league game .

:smile:

What a reply you clown.

Seriously though mate, what’s goin on up there in Tipp? I think the “its only the league” bravado is a false front. The inconsistency is off the charts, superb against Clare and Cork and poor a lot of other days. Returning to the likes of Barry must be a concern

Limerick Waterford and clare I randomly think will qualify, but it could be anyone. Limerick are the only racing certainties as they won’t lose twice. I think Dublin and galway and kk should come out of leinster but any of them could lose out to Wexford. I think that Waterford playing their best, clare playing their best, and Cork playing their best are the best sides, but clare and Cork drift out for too long.
Limerick are the solidest bet as they are solid.
Galway, I just can’t see it. They look tired and flat still.

Bullet points. Anyone could come out of munster or leinster.
Anyone could win the aif.
Tis great.

2 Likes

And starting to pick up a lot of injuries.

Galway will win the All Ireland this year and do it comfortably, still the best squad in the game