Allianz Hurling League 2019

Even on a relatively mild spring day salthill is freezing. Galway comfortably the better team. Cathal Mannion really good at midfield. Their half back line dominated and they eat dublin alive in rucks. Canning impeccable from frees but offered nothing from play bar a hefty dose of petulance.

Dublin backs are fine. O Donnell, sean Moran and Paddy Smyth all doing well. Its from there up the problems start. Sutcliffe was decent and O rourke did well for the goal. Aside from that we were pretty shit. Mark Schutte and possibly cian boland will help but I cant see us scoring enough to really trouble the top teams

1 Like

Dublins backs look good but won’t get as easy a day out again. Aimless high ball that they just had to break or catch, they were never ran at.

Ye are too reliant on Sutcliffe, hes class but is needed as a scorer not a playmaker in Midfield

How did Eamon Dillon go today for Dublin ?

Id agree on Sutcliffe. He spent too much time in his own half. Galways delivery to forwards needs work but dublin had sean moran sweeping a lot of the time and he made things difficult. Dublin meanwhile seem intent on aiming all balls to our forwards at the corner flag.

Tried hard, got a nice point but disappointing overall. Burke the younger got the better of him id say

Burke the elder.

1 Like

Whelo defo worst I’ve seen him play in a while but now that he’s back out of the bauld corner the gametime will hopefully sharpen him.

Gutting seeing Jayo Flynn in his current form. Shows his potential class by popping one over after dispossessing a Dub but disappears from sight until subbed off. He’ll never reach 2015 form again sadly.

That one of the most stupidest posts I’ve ever seen. DJ was the best forward, no one will equal him.

go fuck yourself.

2 Likes

I can think of 10 better.

Go on…

:popcorn:

@Fagan_ODowd 500 posts incoming

Eddie Keher, Henry Shefflin, TJ Reid, Nicky Rackard, Joe Canning, Joe Cooney, Eoin Kelly, Joe Dooley, Christy Ring & JBM

DJ was…
Better, way better, could be caught but better, you and I will never know so he’s better, fuck off; better, who? better, stop ya fuck; better, Jesus fucking Christ! better, up there but better, close but no cigar better

Eamonn cregan. Wait what are we doing?

1 Like

Would DJ get onto the current Limerick panel?

Would ya fuck off. None of those went missing in AI finals like DJ in 99 & 04.

1 Like

I’m not ploughing through a couple of hundred posts. Has anybody mentioned the abysmal standard of refereeing?

No consistency at al. Never mind in different games but throughut the same game!

1 Like

I’d have Gillane over him any day.