Allianz Hurling League 2019

JBM better than DJ Carey??? Come off it.

The only ones I wouldn’t dispute are the few I couldn’t possibly know, Ring, Rackard and Keher
DJ is well up there on any list

I watched 2 games the weekend and both weren’t much good tbh . The refereeing was awful but here is the crux ; the powers that be will give both referees high marks .

1 Like

I thought Fergal Horgan was his usual Mr Consistency today.

as in consistently inconsistent?

Not hyping them up too much. Lolzers. You were claiming a few weeks ago that Kilkenny had 5 or 6 of the best hulers in the country in their ranks.

Eoin Murphy, TJ Reid, Cillian Buckley, Richie Hogan, Padraig Walsh, Paul Murphy when fit and at their best are some of the best hurlers in the country in their positions, yes.

How many of those were playing today?

1 Like

3?

Eoin Murphy is probably the best goalkeeper in the game. We’ve seen plenty of him shot stopping over the past few years because the back line in front of him has been so porous.

Interesting to see how TJ Reid, pushing 32 in his 13th year of championship hurling goes after a winter of hurling with Ballyhale. He went better last year after poor campaigns in 2016 and 2017.

The rest are nowhere near the best in the country any more or to begin with. Richie Hogan, as a case in point was the best hurler in the game in his prime. That’s a few years ago now. He’s been crippled with injuries for a few years now and doesn’t have more than 20-25 minutes in him, the odd time he’s able to tog out.

Padraig Walsh did some awful stupid Hollywood stuff today. A diving scuffed double on a ball in the air straight to a Limerick player to turn over the ball for the first goal.

He’s a moderate hurler. Wouldn’t make my list of top 50 hurlers in the game presently.

Conor Fogarty hardly hit a ball today .

Kilkenny were utterly awful today . Lk were goodish . The league has so far been very very poor based on the games I have seen .

Richie leahy was about their best today.

Yes . He is a grand hurler .

Kilkenny no doubt will come strong again in a few years and be back to winning All Irelands again. They’re never down for too long. They were very moderate to poor at U21 for 6 or 7 consecutive years and as a consequence seem to have a real dearth of hurlers of the requisite standard in their early to mid 20’s at the moment. Richie Leahy is one of the few.

1 Like

A bit of a loose ball merchant.

Well thats about all he could hope for today. Kilkenny just drove the ball in without much thought.

Yes . The years of clippings off Westmeath and Wexford in u21 are coming home to roost . That said they still may be competitive this year . Ballyhale will strengthen them and Cillian Buckley too . Walter Walsh and Padraig Walsh will improve with games . I still put them 3rd in Leinster but i think they could ambush later in the year . Rud eile , Paul Murphy isn’t a wing back

Paul Murphy looks like a man who’s best days are left after him

He is more than that I thank .