Allianz Hurling League 2019

You’re not wrong on that score

If will test Limerick’s medic team anyway .

1 Like

It’s fair to say that.

1 Like

I think you’re being unfair to this Limerick team to just confine it to hurling. I think they’re the best thing anyone has ever seen anywhere. Ever.

3 Likes

Has he packed in the teaching? Its a big move going full time. Doesn’t always work out. Lee Chin a case in point.

old news Geoff. He gave it up in 2016. Dont know if he is still sitting on the scratcher though

He’s involved in Recruitment now and is also selling his own brand of sliotars.

1 Like

Did the pass the Donal Og colour test?

3 Likes

Donal Og is right. The sliotars should be a bright colour. Easier for officials and easier for lampy middle aged men like me watching on telly.

4 Likes

People have an issue with the messenger and not the message, which is the usual stupid bullshit that goes on everywhere.

6 Likes

You’ll love the Glow Puck they tried to introduce in the NHL (Hockey) a while back.

1 Like

Of course they should … of course, we wont be allowed orange as an option - not with the GAA - it would be a great move to show our Presbyterian brothers up north that there is room for them at the table.

1 Like

If Bangers or Shocks or JimBob said it the change couldn’t come quick enough,
But a gay man…

Ref Liam “Whiny” Sheedy thread. I thought Colm Lyons on balance decided the game. Not the sending off of Noel McGrath, as that was merited, but he gave frees to Wexford for plenty of harmless tussles and didn’t give frees to Tipperary for identical incidents and even some more blatant ones.

We came out on the right side of it yesterday, but it’s a real bug bear of mine. For example, I didn’t at all go on about James McGrath refereeing Kilkenny softer than Wexford in the championship in Nowlan Park last summer.

Now we sprayed most of the dubious frees we were awarded wide, as usual, but they should have been given around 3 extra scorable frees themselves. There’s also the fact that giving us a load of frees, especially against the strong wind in the first half, let us stand over them for ages and keep things tight.

We’re trying out much more players than last season when he relied on around 18 or 19 players. Darren Byrne and Shane Reck did well enough in defence yesterday. Ian Byrne’s a little rusty looking, but did well for the goal. I like the cut of Dunbar’s jib - he’s got a bit of moxy. Casey also adds some attacking depth. We seem to have Liam Og McGovern playing like an open side flanker (cc @flattythehurdler). He’s nominally a forward but is just tracking the ball all around the field and is constantly at the breakdown. It essentially means we’re playing with 4 forwards. We kind of strangled Tipperary in the latter stages with strength and weight of numbers in the trenches. I would like to see us try a more expansive style, but it’s probably not going to happen.

i stopped at this and decided you are taking the piss

Two bog standard yellow cards.

Were sliothars not originally yellow/orange when this hurling under lights thing first started about 10 years ago or did I dream that?

I don’t think so. There was a yellow football used for a while alright.

Ronan Maher didn’t even get a yellow for an assault on the Wexford no 20. It was about a minute before his point. It was straight red and 3 months all day long imo. Lyons should have done his job ffs.
We’re used to Tipp officials looking after Cark filth like Horgans cowardly assault going unpunished in the Munster final few years ago by his Chip namesake. Lyons is merely returning the favor

The second one wasnt even a free.