Allianz Hurling League 2019

they did make a wrong decision from the start and were 10 points down was it? it took them way too long to fix it both days.

Itā€™ll be hard for Clare to pick their 6 best forwards and get the balance.

Would agree on the teams. Very little between those three.

This weekend will be interesting. Little to play for in one sense, and plenty of it in another. Thereā€™ll be a want to set the record straight for Limerick after last weekend and the loss in Ennis last year. Clare have done their best to throw away what should have been handy victories in the last three games (and succeeded with one), so thereā€™s a need to suffocate that little bit of self-doubtā€¦

Id be very surprised if both limerick and cork make the last 3. Whoever wins that opening game Will go through and the loser will be knocked out.

what if itā€™s a draw?

1 Like

Youā€™d think theyā€™d have higher aspirations than that

It is not Corkā€™s opening game

Limericks opening game. If limerick lose there as good as gone. Cork will have the advantage of having a game under their belts but limerick have the game at home so I guess it balances its self out.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Whats wrong with that?

The spelling.

5 Likes

The two sides who lost their first round games in Munster last year both failed to get out of their group.

Clare also lost to Cork but still had two games at Fortress Cusack Park to fall back on.

Really chasing your tail if you lose the first day out. Have to win two of the last three matches, minimum.

@anon32894817 might be on the money here, lose to Cork and it could be curtains already, facing an uphill task with the last three matches on consecutive weeks.

Agreed.

Clare also met an already qualified limerick in round 4 and a team in tipp playing for the fourth week in a row too. These were clares last two games in the group.

You must not rate them as highly as Iā€™d suspect? Three teams out of five go through, I wouldnā€™t be so pessimistic

Away wins are extremely tough. Im also hearing of lucrative offers to play stateside this summer for some players. A loss of momentum and heads could be turned.

Way too much talk about Clare I think. Iā€™d put Cork well ahead of them. Cork always beat them (over past few years) so how are Clare better than Cork? I think our toughest game will nearly be Cork at home in the first one, if we lose i wouldnā€™t be so downhearted. If its a case of us having to go to thurles to win in our last game Iā€™m very confident we will. Tipp are shite. One win in their last 9 league and championship games. Callanan is the main man and heā€™s playing woeful stuff. They are too old. Iā€™d fancy Cork, Limerick and Waterford to come out of munster

1 Like

Clare are the hipsters choice!

1 Like

I think callinanā€™s legs might be going rather than him playing shite .

His legs going donā€™t explain the amount of wides heā€™s hitting from frees