Allianz Hurling League 2019

They’d say as much as the real life version anyway

Think that was the joke, mate.

8 Likes

Dublin got a second Sam Maguire made. Doubt they had permission from HQ to do it either. But I know a guy who knows a guy etc who confirmed it

:man_shrugging:

This is true.

I see its all bogball on tg4 on Sunday.
Tipp /Cork highlights on around 5

1 Like

The players have been extremely generous with their time. The hassle they have gone to to make events
 It would be easy to make excuses, they all have work, college, etc but fair play to them, they’re actually really good.

As for schools, most schools around us had players. If they really wanted a player though, you’d have to tie it in with their schedule first, even if it meant waiting. The buzz is still there like.

Promotion in schools is important but obviously clubs have to be looked after first and foremost.

1 Like

Are you an American?

a valiant attempt to change the subject/ get the topic back on subject, Mike.

1 Like

Are you out the country? It’s clear that country schools have far more involvement with local clubs and the GAA in general, I’ve no doubt that most country schools had a player with the cup, particularly in the hurling strongholds, I don’t believe many primary schools in town had a player, I would say definitely less than half and probably much lower, I’m not including Caherdavin, Castletroy and Monaleen in that, St Patrick’s had Gearóid Hegarty,
This is not sour grapes by any means despite a few attempts to portray it as such, my initial comment relating it to players fucking off for the summer was tongue in cheek, tne type of inter county banter that is par for the course here, I think primary schools should be prioritized and a system drawn up that allows the children from non hurling areas or without a present involvement with a club to see and listen to a few words from a player, sending an inanimate object is not the same,
Now I’ll be lambasted for this but as a kid I remember the cup coming to my school a few times and I’d tell you to this day the players that were with it and have memories that will last a lifetime,
Look it’s ancient history now, I know they did plenty and I witnessed that first hand, I still think somebody could and should have turned up for EOD after what he’s done, it’s also one of the largest schools in the county,

1 Like

Bernie Hartigan brought it to Southill

If Hennessy gets a start on Sunday it’s a good opportunity to give Quaid a run at 6.

The problem has now been solved by winning it every year.

Kids in Dublin barely even look up when the trophy is brought into their school these days.

“Oh, it’s that blasted cup again. Who cares. Next.”

When I was in school in Mount Sion and Mount Sion would win the county championship (which was nearly every year) the team would bring the News and Star Cup back to the school and they’d be out on the steps over the yard and we’d be cheering and roaring because we knew what was coming next and the captain would go over to Brother Prunty and say ah they are great lads Brother will you give them a half day and Brother Prunty would theatrically raise his eyes to heaven and say Ah go on I will so and we’d cheer and roar some more.

Definitely one of my happiest childhood memories.

15 Likes

You told that one beautifully

1 Like

Limerick is rugby country

Magic

And the rugby there is shit. Hurling is making hay way of it

Shure the hurling lads win one all Ireland in 40 odd years and they cant even be bothered to bring it into town.

That’s because we’re forward looking.