Allianz National Football League 2022

Rematches of both 1993 Royal Liver League finals are taking place today, with Dublin playing Donegal at Croke Park.

I suppose it was nice of Allianz to mark the 28 years 10 months anniversary of those final Royal Liver finals (all five final matches) but the whole thing seems as off target as John O’Connor’s point attempt from a free with the final puck of either the first or second (I can’t remember which) Cork v Wexford match in 1993.

It should be noted that the 27 years and 10 months anniversary of the inaugural Church & General League finals is also being marked with today’s match pairings.

In the absence of Meath from their football division, Armagh are taking on another team who wear Meath’s green and gold colours, Kerry.

In the hurling, defeated 1994 finalists Galway are also in a different division to their conquerors from that year Tipperary, but play Clare, who play in a different variation of the Tipperary colours, as a nod to that occasion.

Tipperary play the only Connacht/Ulster county in their division, Antrim, as a tribute to their 1994 success, while 1994 football winners Meath play Clare, who like Armagh, have an “ar” in their name.

I’m sure everybody will have seen the deep significance of those match pairings.

Meath by a point, ten to nine after the Clare keeper gives away a shocking ball out the field

Am I right in saying that’s not the first time in recent weeks?

Third game in a row, between two different keepers

Jaysus. Fucking goalies

Cluxton has gone to shit lads

That’s why you don’t have a Michael Murphy in your own full back line. Bullshit

Brian Howard putting in a Tour de France here

Bizarre amount of booing there for Murphy on that ‘45

Donegal are going nowhere fast this year.

Division 2, perhaps, although the result of Kildare v Monaghan makes that less likely.

Thought Murphy was fouled on his last two attacks. Ref giving him zip.

Goalies :sweat_smile:

Cluxton caught out badly again there.

McCarthy has given the filthiest look to Cluxton lite there

There’s fucking nothing wrong with him too

Donegal really should be more than this. That Bonner appears to be a useless fucker of a manager

“Jeaic”. :laughing:

Whos on co commentary? He just called out the anti dublin bias nicely.

Fuckin goalies :sweat_smile:

I’ve seen them given