Allianz National Football League 2022

It’d be great for the GAA to see Dublin competing again in football. They bring a great sense of swagger to the whole thing. Imagine the craic if they won the all Ireland, the homecoming would be like Italia 90.

3 Likes

Even trying to sell Kerry v Roscommon in D1 sounds like hard work.

The ramifications of this are big.

1 Like

Where she going sniggering at the man? And he could have gone off and said he’s not giving interviews and standing with the players as well but he didn’t. Man’s heartbroken about them getting relegated, he doesn’t need it rammed down his throat by a journalist.

Dublin is the sleeping giant of Gaelic football.

Free yo-yos to all spectators at Roscommon’s matches next year?

Somewhere in darkest Tyrone a recently departed Ulster poster’s head just exploded

13 Likes

Clare are seven years in division 2. Colm Collins :crown:

7 Likes

Leitrim have spent 19 of the last 20 years in D4. Consistency, grit, weak backs and weaker forwards are the key to stability.

6 Likes

A million times this. Keeping Clare comfortably in D2 for so long despite the better known names retiring or advancing in years is a serious achievement for Colm Collins. Smashing fella too

2 Likes

While you will definitely get a bump of novelty Limerick football supporters next spring, I think you want to engineer an extremely attractive double header with the corresponding hurling fixture to make a crowd out of this.

Limerick in the same division as Cork and Clare in both hurling and football next year.

Are the 1A & 1B groups for next year determined? Think they were results based last year.

1A is the same as this year except for Down/Westmeath replacing Offaly.

It was a terrible decision to change the league format, it was grand the way it was with merit based seeding based on promotion and relegation.

1 Like

He’s fucking seething.

1 Like

Just looking at a Sky Sports article from last year they seem to have fixed the two groups for two years. Another reinvention of the wheel then for 2024.

As of yesterday, few outside Offaly knew the Offaly goalkeepers name.

A whole lotta people gonna know it by lunchtime today you’d suspect. A cancelling is a coming Mr Dunican.

Div 2 will be a bear pit next season.

Some of the sharpest managerial minds in the game. Harte, Lee, Colm Collins and co.

Dessie Farrell there too.

3 Likes

What experience does she have playing in div 2? I sacrifice my whole life to be let down by below average officials. Hard to take”.

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Down have had a shocker of a League.

I have heard some great stories about the lack of commitment in their panel.

Cheltenham/Stags/Skiing Trips/Turning up drunk for training on Paddy’s Day after a tough day in the Holyland’s etc. etc.

1 Like

Is it time for Poacher to take over up there?