Allianz National Football League 2022

And what do you recommend about Poachers game plan?

I wouldnā€™t have watched his work extensively but by all accounts Carlow seemed well organised and resolute while he was involved with them. They came agonisingly close to survival in division 3 akin to Kildare in div 1 this season. Himself and Turlough achieved a good deal more than the likes of Anthony Rainbow, Liam Hayes, Niall Carew and even the great Luke Dempsey did with Carlow. They appeared to get a fair bit of buy in from players that just isnā€™t there anymore.

Roscommonā€™s experiment of bringing him in as a coach didnā€™t seem to work particularly well last year though. I wouldnā€™t know a great deal more about his coaching credentials other hearing tales about extremely low scoring schools matches that heā€™d have coached in.

Ah right so. Weā€™ll leave it at that

I think the photograph nicely encapsulates the last line of my summation.
When the Rossies dispense with your services you know the game is well and truly up.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a snake oil salesman of Bressie standards.

You had a nawful pop at him on the podcast one time. Read out a few of his tweets and did a job on him.

Laois, you are too high.

He did great work with Ballyholland there for a few years.

Poacher will be the messiah when he gets Laois out of Division 4 next year.

1 Like

You canā€™t go around spitting on opposition managers and expect to get away with it big dog

I have it on good authority that he walked out on Roscommon, citing an offer to manage a South African nature reserve. By all accounts Roscommon are very surprised heā€™s still teaching and based in Down. They thought it was a case of Poacher turned gamekeeper.

13 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be familiar with such details. However, spitting at another person should be met with Wicklow referee level retribution.

Heā€™s a trophy hunter. Loves the big game.

1 Like

He was laughed out of Oā€™Moore Park that day he spat on Sugrue, bless his soul. He then got fucked out of Carlow for a litany of events. Then he got run out of Roscommon. He had a cut off a Port player on Twitter a few weeks back and had the Port manager tear him a new one and he went and blocked him. Heā€™s a right fucking gimp.

Is that ronan sheehan? Hurled a lot down this way over the years a sound fella by all accounts

Thatā€™s him alright, Newry man but he has some connection to Banteer I think. Sound lad and gives loads of time to the GAA outside his manager role, but prone to putting some odd stuff on twitter.

Ya donā€™t know the exact connection but spent a lot of time down here

A solid slow start here for us. A real free hit of a day. Although we do like playing in CP.

Power and his mgmt team have done a good job transitioning new blood. Cavan have a lot more survivors from their provoncial success in 20.

I was sure Tipp were gonna incorporate the white and green jersey going forward, in both the goalkeeper kit, and the football change kit. What happened all these grand notions?

Although kudos for changing the shorts to match the change jersey, smashing :heart_eyes:

Hon Mussels