Allianz National Football League 2023

Serious stuff here.

1 Like

Entertaining enough fare at the SETU arena. Carlow lead 6-5 at halftime but have been much the better team. Waterfords performance against Leitrim last week would suggest we’ll fall away in the second half.

1-11 to 0-10 to Carlow in the finish. Can’t see either side challenge for promotion

2 Likes

Great see you back following the footballers @Fagan_ODowd

2 Likes

Jesus I had no recollection of Waterford footballers ever playing a division 4 final in my time watching football. I looked it up. 2010 v Limerick it seems.

1 Like

Had to drop someone into town for the train at 4 and I had a bit of time to kill, and I was curious to see what the SETU arena was like (impressive). And it was only a tenner.

2 Likes

Poor form to charge a former player like your good self though.
And all the sterling service you gave before it became fashionable to be seen in sponsored hoodies and runners.

@Thornhill will you please compose a strongly worded missive to the County Board executive berating their treatment of former I/C stalwart.
It’s the kind of shabby treatment we castigate WHU for concerning the attitude taken to WC winning captain Bobby Moore OBE.

I was happy to support the GGA @anon67715551.

1 Like

I was only trying to give you a little personal boost in the aftermath of a 2nd reversal in the NFL.

1 Like

Waterford would be grand if any of them could actually play football. Carlow any pass as long as it’s backwards or lateral. The only ball they kicked forward they got a goal off of it.

I am only too happy to wade in on this one @anon67715551 .

Scandalous carry one. We don’t have too many legends and we need to look after them in their autumnal years.

2 Likes

That’s the spirit, the cheek of the hoors charging a luminary like himself as if he were a mere attendee to be milked. They’ll hardly have the courtesy to reply to you so don’t hold your breath.

1 Like

Laois haven’t won a competitive senior football game in fortress O’Moore Park in over 3 years. Fucking hell.

Yere luck might be about to change.

2 Likes

Comer stretchered off for Galway.

What kind of knock did he get?

Hard to say. Went flying in for a high ball in the square. Thought he might have ran into the post but didn’t see any bandages on his head. Fear is some type of leg injury.

Allianz FL Division 1 round 2
Kerry 2-13 0-10 Monaghan, 1.30pm
Galway 0-05 0-03 Roscommon 2pm HT
Tyrone 0-06 0-03 Donegal, 2pm HT
Armagh v Mayo, 3.30pm – TG4

Allianz FL Division 2 round 2
Meath 3-03 0-07 Clare, 2pm HT
Kildare 0-02 1-08 Cork, Newbridge, 2pm HT
Louth 1-06 1-06 Derry, Ardee, 2pm HT
Limerick v Dublin, 3pm

Allianz FL Division 3 round 2
Cavan 1-10 1-04 Tipperary, 2pm HT