Allianz National Football League 2023

It should always be played in PUC.

1 Like

CK loves the cupla focal

Lovely for TG4 to have a player who can do the interview as Gaeilge.

A game to do justice to previous classics between these teams at this venue such as the 1999 NFL final.

Great that they didn’t feel the need to give him MOTM to do it for a change

Thankfully for tg4 the Dubs and crokes are box office. Otherwise there would be bearla any gaelige spoken in post match interviews.

2 Likes

Allianz FL Division 1 round 3
Galway 0-16 Tyrone 0-13
Monaghan 1-20 Donegal 0-15
Roscommon 1-12 Armagh 0-12
Mayo 2-14 Kerry 1-10

Allianz FL Division 2 round 3
Clare 0-15 Kildare 0-16
Louth 1-15 Limerick 1-13
Cork 2-10 Dublin 0-18
Derry 2-16 Meath 1-07

Allianz FL Division 3 round 3
Fermanagh 2-14 Down 3-10
Cavan 1-19 Longford 0-11
Westmeath 2-12 Offaly 0-12
Tipperary 0-14 Antrim 1-19

Allianz FL Division 4 round 3
Sligo 0-21 Waterford 0-13
Carlow 2-08 Laois 1-17
Wexford 0-19 Leitrim 0-15
Wicklow 1-16 London 1-9

There must have been 30k in attendance between the three Div 1 games played in Connacht this weekend, incredible numbers for February. I was one of them myself as I made sure to get a visit to Tuam as part of a few days out west, a game in the stadium and a few pints in Junies after is as reliable a formula for a good day as there is on the island.

11 Likes

2 starters from yday and 2 subs out of both those u20 and minor teams. Fee more will be involved like Cathal Mahony and Sean Meehan… Conversion has been poor so far for loads of reasons.

1 Like

Injuries, injuries and more injuries.

Yeah lot of bad injuries alright… Pá Campbell gone playing Rubby as well

The best part is that McEvoy is considered Kilcoos hardman. It’s just a pity his clubmate in leggings wouldn’t tog out for a day or 2 and learn the difference between club and county.

1 Like

Too afraid to. Big fish, small pond syndrome. I’ve seen it in plenty of Laois hurlers.

Exactly right

Very easy to run into a lad, completely open, reaching for a ball. Fergal Doherty was (still is?) the master of this.

Forget Maguire, check out Kilkennys ‘solo’ at the very start

1 Like

Anyone with an independent sub have Pat Spillanes piece today?

Haha. That’s absurd.

1 Like

Game delayed by 10 minutes in Tralee because there’s crowd congestion. The league is box office. There’s a sense that Division 1 and indeed the upcoming championship is open this year.

1 Like