Allianz National Football League 2023

Has a division 2 game in March ever attracted this attention on tfk.

The Dubs are box OFFICE

Very interesting to see Rodgers’ and the rest of the team’s (lack of) reaction after hitting the winner. No emotion. No wild celebrations. They almost looked embarrassed to need a last minute winner.

If somebody could please do one of those internet GAA coach guru hot takes about “the one percenters”, “sublime game management”, “winners think smarter, that’s why they win” etc. etc., in the particular smug, all knowing house style, that would be great, thanks.

1 Like

Costello must have had his arms in that position for 5 seconds after the ball went over the bar. He was bollocking Kilkenny out of it. Very funny.

1 Like

I look forward to watching the highlights of this game. The resurrection of Derry football is intoxicating. Joe Brolly had them written off as being finished for eternity back around 2018.

It’s looking like a very open championship in the offing this year. The only pity is that there’s probably still nobody to challenge Dublin in Leinster. Louth probably the current No.2 side in the province despite Tommy Rooneys claims on OTB that it’s Westmeath.

1 Like

That’s fucking shocking. Nice fella and impressive player and person he is, no young lad is dreaming of becoming him. That’s so turgid

1 Like

It’s a Div 2 league game with a couple more to go. They’d look a bit small time

I suppose the Derry boys couldn’t be sure what tricks might be pulled in the final few seconds either.

4 Likes

The 7 All Ireland suggests he makes the right call more often than the wrong call

Touché :joy::joy:

Donegal just gone balls-out and letting the ball fly. Very enjoyable

Zero defensive consciousness though

This ref has not had a good game. Some desperately soft frees given.

Donegal got it back to a point and reverted to type, soloing into trouble like there’s no tomorrow

It’s Jerome Henry, the Johnny Ryan of the big ball code

Game on again

Games under lights have a great atmosphere.

That lad at the end kicking it wide would drive you spare, even as a neutral.

1 Like

Indeed, cant wait to see them at work in Salthill

Some great gaels doing gods work in the county I hear

2 Likes