Allianz National Football League 2024

That joke sunk him

Another one short from ROD, the keeper has given up coming up for them it seems

Ah this is septic

Cillian O Connor on for Aido. Two all time greats passing the baton between each other. A beautiful moment.

And COC rolls home a goal, class is permanent

Pathetic display from Galway.

1 Like

Shameful, regardless of absentees.

I see Cian on the line there still, Iā€™d be running him

1 Like

images-8

Tg4 could be soing with a hedge to stand behind

Shaping up to be a bumper year for shit NFL attendances.

Donegal 1-20 Cork 2-6

Thatā€™s a serious statement of intent from Jim McGuinness and his team.

I wonder is he still using the goggles that distort players vision during drills in training like he did in Kildare? Either way I think his time on the inter county circuit is up.

Cut from the panel early on last year by McStay. A good club footballer but maybe lacks the required minerals for top level inter-county. A pity because he looked like the real deal when he chipped in with about 1-3 in that league game against Galway in autumn 2020.

The league is great all the same. Plenty of sub-plots. Donegal sent out a serious statement of intent today. Real shades of early 2011 about it. Good win for Dessieā€™s Westmeath in Tullamore. That Offaly U20 team havenā€™t quite filtered through really. And then you have Des and Darren with convoluted explanations on the wireless. Iā€™m just after learning that Limerick were actually beaten today. Des had them listed as one of the winners in Div 3.

The result flattered us. Cork were poor, especially with the breeze in the second half and our chaotic sub goalkeeper antics. We coughed up a lot of easy possession, misplaced a lot of passes and were largely ineffective in 1-on-1 tackling. On the plus side, we had a brilliant spread of scorers which will make us dangerous, werenā€™t afraid to and kicked some lovely long range efforts which brings us out of the old one dimensional gameplan and the speed and strength going forward was incredible. Ryan McHugh starting to look like his old self, the youngsters look hungry and energetic. McBrearty posted the well taken goal and the rest from frees. Maybe the goal will give him the confidence to start contributing more points from open play. Patton back next game for a stiffer test away to Cavan. Good to get two points towards a possible promotion and get back into a culture of winning.
Langan, McGee, McMenamin and our top forward Gallen to come back in so Iā€™m boldly predicting we wonā€™t be far off the pace of Derry in the first round in Ulster.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything better in the modern game than the fucking goalie getting mugged right off after running out the field.

Fuck off back into goals you bollox

12 Likes

All Throne panel. Canavan handled the Micky Harte question well. His own club man I suppose. Little stick with the knife at the same time

You shoulda seen Killian Roche last night :eyes:

The laois keeper? Hear he did untold alright. As you suggested maybe they should try someone else in goal and have him out the field for 70 mins since he seems to be the best forward :grinning:

Worried for Limerick football. Canā€™t see where the four points will come from. Up Down next week. Expect them to get a kicking

Have ye Wicklow at home? Theyā€™ll surely raise it against Clare as well