Allianz National Football League 2024

Won by a point. I think they should stay up now with Kildare at home and Meath away.

1 Like

Completley agree. We’re missing so many lads and Derry were much the better side imo. But i thought that he was poor for both sides. The black card/penalty settled the game. What Molloy did didn’t warrant it.

They have a lovely stadium though

Semple has been stormed

I see the most overrated of underrated teams Monaghan got a good batein off Roscommon today .

I think this is the year where Monaghan finally fall through the trap door to Division 2. They were down in Div 3 when Malachy took charge in 2013. Back to back promotions then so I assume this is their 10th season in Div 1 (2015-2024).

Derry’s rise has been remarkable when you think about it. Division 4 as recently as 2019. Joe Brolly publicly stated in his column in the paper that they’d never beat Tyrone again in his lifetime. Just shows how quickly the wheel can turn. It should be an inspiration to the likes of Meath, Kildare and Cork.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/scorelinesport/status/1761806789576720687?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

2 Likes

I thought they were brilliant against the Dubs first day out but seem to have fallen off a cliff since then.

A pity because I really admire them.

Leitrim mugged someone the last day out with the late penalty. These things even themselves out over a season

1 Like

They do this most seasons, I wouldn’t rule them out yet

They were steeped to play an already qualified Mayo on the final day last year. Armagh were competitive in every game and actually beat Monaghan but went down at their expense. They’ve already played run away leaders Derry so there’ll be no final day handouts/soft touch this year.

I thought ‘we’ looked poor today, a full strength galway would have improved ‘us’ though

Steeped with that double save, shoulda been buried. Mickey needs to rein them in a bit

My bet is Monaghan were “saving” themselves today for an almighty effort against Galway next week.

They have two home games left against Galway and Mayo and in between those two have to play Tyrone away. That’s probably as good a run of fixtures as you can ask for.

Derry can’t be relegated, Dublin and Kerry won’t be. They’re the three competing for the final spots, which will probably be Derry v Kerry.

Tyrone, Mayo, Galway and Roscommon are all potentials for Monaghan to finish ahead of.

Tyrone will lose away to both Kerry and Dublin, so Monaghan could leapfrog them by beating them in the penultimate round.

Mayo and Roscommon have to play each other, you’d think Mayo will get the job done there. Roscommon need the points though as their other two games are against Kerry at home and Derry away so both likely losses.

Galway’s other fixtures are against Dublin at home and Kerry away.

I back Monaghan to get the job done with perhaps a draw against Galway or Tyrone and a win over an already safe Mayo in the last game.

Glad you agree it was never a penalty now :wink:

Derry v the Dubs I’d say.

Dublin would have to win in Derry next week. I don’t expect they will.

Kerry have Galway and Tyrone at home and Roscommon away. Three Ws there.

Where did I say it wasn’t a penalty?

Not sure they want to be in a league final though. They come back from a warm weather training camp the day before.

In each of the four years Kerry won the All-Ireland under Jack O’Connor they had already won the League that spring.

In each of the five years Kerry failed to win the All-Ireland under Jack O’Connor, they had failed to reach the League final that spring.