Allianz National Football League 2024

They’re so prolific because they were an underperforming shitshow of a county who despised each other until Laverty put a degree of manners on his own club of curs Damien

Oh Wicklow goalie….

Corrigan Park has a lovely bank. If ever a venue was made for the Sigerson Cup.

Jaysus those seats in Wexford :eyes:

This Longford keeper is some man to get out of the way of a ball

Lavertys main achievement was to get Eugene Brannigan in for a season and make a holy show of himself he was so far out of his depth at intercounty level. That fairly quietened the talk about all the other Kilcoo fellas who would supposedly transform Down if only they honoured us with their presence.
They are still a very ordinary side that will have it all to do to stay in Div 2 next season, that was the weakest Div 3 in a very long time.

2 Likes

Ah that was tremendous watching him flounder desperately. Division was dreadfully poor alright, when you have Westmeath coming up and Offaly surviving in it, it points to a very noticable gap developing now between 2 and 3. Along with the one between Dublin and the rest, and 1 and 2. I joked about the craic of a proper old style 4 Division semi finals like back in 86 when Laois came from Division 4 to win the whole lot, but that day is long gone and Derry would make solid shite out of us if we were to run into them.

Imagine, only a few year ago Derry were playing Wateford.

Derry have a very strong club scene.The players were always there tbf.Although Glass and Mcguigan are generational players.

A ball of money doesnt hurt too.

1 Like

The final everyone wanted tomorrow, between the two favourite second counties on TFK, Laois and Leitrim. What a time to be alive.

Hoping the much missed Leitrim forum elder manages to make the journey to HQ. Myself and @Kid_Curry will meet any of the rest of you for a head smashing in McGraths beforehand.

I’m a Hideout man before games myself. McGraths after the game but might stay for some of the second game.
I fear we’ve levelled off a lot recently but looking forward to a Croker day out.

2 Likes

Definitely levelled a bit, been happening since Tipp. There’s more pace on the bench, I’d love to see him go to the younger lads than the old tired names, maybe when the ground hardens a bit. Rioghan is a no brainer for me and it’ll be good to get Burke back again, and Fingleton in there as well. Still, I like the full back line and most others. It’s a mighty improvement on last year.

I’ll be out the door to the Poitin on full time

I know it’s a cliche, but there genuinely must be no one left in Leitrim.

Signing out til after, best of luck @Massey

1 Like

Laois lad there almost scored an insane goal

Leitrim defence non existent.

Palmed goal. Just a blight on the game

2 Likes

Barry and o 'Carroll are classy forwards. Laois bigger and fitter team. Should tell in last 15 minutes.

Leitrim goalkeeper the best forward on display

Beauty of a score.
Laois goal now should wrap it up.

Yeah I’d say so. Better team in fairness. Creating a lot more chances