Allianz National Football League 2024

We’ve grown unaccustomed to sun in Ireland

Welcome to my world

3 Likes

Luckily it’s pissing rain in Galway.

McGeeney really does strike me as a gutless manager when it comes to the big games.

I’d say the pro-mcgeeney camp in Armagh will get even smaller if he doesn’t make progress this year. The patience has been razor thin at times, it seems.

Jaysus he’s nearly there a decade, they’ve had plenty of patience with him

Yup, however Armagh is allegedly very fractured from club rivalries and it’s hard to get all the top characters to buy-in. Not that McGeeney has consistently and I don’t believe he’s that good a manager, but they’d need a Mickey Harte level manager to replace him. They seem like a lot who could get Rory Gallagher onboard.

Geezer is what he is. He’s a good inter-county manager, not a great one. Armagh have made incremental progress particularly over the last three years to a point where an All-Ireland semi-final and a single figure defeat in it is a realistic aspiration. Jimmy is aiming higher.

I do believe this is the first time Geezer and Jimmy have faced each other as managers at Croke Park since the Kevin Cassidy game.

This is what it is. A reasonably watchable contest between two teams playing with the gloves very much on, with some lovely points kicked. It’ll probably end up about 0-16 to 0-15 for one or the other and everybody will go home happy.

Armagh a bit of a shambles here in the second half

They’d be as well to do a Jarly Óg sensible option handpass over the bar rather than have a game of pass the parcel where three players refuse to shoot for goal.

That’s a good score from Soupy

Armagh set their alarm clocks late.

Where was this all day from Armagh?

Donegal completely lost all pace in their attack after going 4 up.

Great score though x2

This is some of the best football I’ve seen in a while in the last 10 minutes here

Armagh are some team to pass the parcel.

Got fairly exciting but Donegal will be disappointed with the way they conceded soft scores.

No Division 2 winners have gone on to win the All-Ireland since 2023.

Donegal will win the Ulster championship

What was that aul’ maudlin shite they played over the tannoy at full time? A Donegal win in Croker should only ever be greeted by Las Vegas in the Hills of Donegal.